Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Really really fucking struggling!

(15 Posts)
BlueBananas Sun 02-Aug-15 21:26:58

I'm 26+4 weeks with DC3 and you would never know I'd done this twice before I am seriously struggling

I haven't slept in fuck knows how long because I've got the most horrendous hip/lower back pain plus heartburn plus general just not being able to breathe! So I am beyond knackered!

The pain! Oh my god I know you get aches & pains but I've never had anything like this! For a few months I've had this horrible clicking in my ... Well I don't know where it is, kind of in between my hips but I couldn't put my finger on it and every single second step I take it clicks (arrghhhh!) this has also developed into kind of a grinding sensation when I'm trying to move which is just horrid! It feels like I constantly need to crack my lower back, but can't and it's just torture! More recently the pain around my hips and tops of my thighs when I'm walking is becoming more intense which isn't ideal with 2 kids and a puppy to look after!
I'm ridiculously slow now and the waddling is just becoming embarrassing!

The breathlessness I've never really had before but it's a bloody killer isn't it! Especially when I'm lay down so yeah all sleep is out the window!

And just to kick me while I'm down the heartburn started in the last week or so! Joy!

Feels like a bloody lifetime till this is all over but it can not come quick enough! I tell you if my first pregnancy had been like this I think he'd be an only child!

No point to this really, just a moan
Pregnancy is shit!

mrsg1888 Sun 02-Aug-15 21:32:59

I have absolutely nothing constructive to say as I am currently 36+2 and in the exact same boat lolconfused
I'm now on crutches which I can't walk with properly and if I try without them I end up moanin with every step.

I was in tesco the other day and a man said " aww it can't be that bad darling"
I'm not sure how I managed not to kick off angry
I've slept for about 4 hours all weekend and my 4 yr old dd is currently still up and arguing with me over bedtime. DH is abroad for work and won't see him for another 2 weeks so god knows what mood I'll be in by then

Again...totally not helping....but I feel your pain. Hope you get some rest Hun thanks

gaggiagirl Sun 02-Aug-15 21:38:55

My 4yo is also still up and arguing with me over bed time!
OP I feel exactly the same as you I have done for a while and I'm 30+3 now.
I made a nest out of loads of pillows and two duvets a fortnight ago and didn't move from it all day. It was a good day.
Sympathies to you all.

BlueBananas Sun 02-Aug-15 21:47:28

Oh mrsg sounds like you're struggling more than I am! Have some flowers right back!

gaggia that sounds like a good day! I'm yet to find a position that doesn't hurt, but trust me when I do I will take up residence in it until this bugger vacates!

Nice to have people who understand smile jealous that it will be over for you sooner than for me though, not gonna lie
brew & cake all round

DaftAda Sun 02-Aug-15 21:49:41

I hear you. I wrote a song called 'Third Trimester Blues' this afternoon. It was most cathartic.

lauraa4 Sun 02-Aug-15 21:50:15

I feel for you OP! I'm 32+4 and can't even spend an hour walking around shopping without limping around in pain as my hips and pelvis are seizing up with each step sad
I have a physio appointment in a couple of weeks but I'm doubtful it will make any difference. As I get bigger the worse it gets!

CarrieLouise25 Sun 02-Aug-15 21:55:45

BlueBananas

Pregnancy is shit x

Sounds like you have SPD sweety. Have you seen midwife and been referred for physio? x

BlueBananas Sun 02-Aug-15 22:05:33

CarrieLouise does it?! Tbh I see SPD mentioned a lot on here but never really knew exactly what it was blush is this what it is?!
I haven't seen a midwife since 16 weeks and won't be seeing one until I'm 28 weeks, they really leave you to just get on with it by your 3rd don't they

BlueBananas Sun 02-Aug-15 22:12:06

Ok I feel like an idiot, I've just googled SPD and the NHS page reads like my first post! I have every single symptom!
I am going to try to get in touch with my midwife tomorrow, thankyou so much Carrie - extra cake for you!

DaftAda Sun 02-Aug-15 22:27:13

www.pelvicpartnership.org.uk has lots of useful info. Please phone your GP tomorrow morning and ask for an urgent physio referral. When I read your OP I thought that you must know you have PGP / SPD. So I feel like an idiot too.

CarrieLouise25 Sun 02-Aug-15 22:27:38

No worries lovely, I had SPD with both, but only found out what I really had on my second.

It is agony! You have my sympathies flowers

I'm on number 3 now (only 9 weeks!), and fully expecting the same soon enough. They'll give you some stretches to do, and might give you a band to wear (to help you feel like your hips aren't falling apart!) but for me the pain was still agonising. But at least your midwife might have better ideas, and it'll need to go on your birth plan you have SPD.

Take it super easy please. Walking just made it worse for me. Night times were so painful.

Thanks for the cake! Lots of luck to you, hope this time passes quickly. It will get better after the birth x

mrsg1888 Sun 02-Aug-15 22:41:13

Aw Blue sorry I didn't realise u were unsure about spd. You 100% sound like your suffering. I've had it both times and have Been attending physio but nothing's helped hence the crutches.

Get yourself referred ASAP see if they can help you before it gets worse some people get a lot of relief.
3 weeks tomoro till my section.....not that I'll be any comfyer arrrgggghhhhhh lol.
I really hope my dd2 is a wee dream that just wants to sleep all night and not cry wink

BlueBananas Wed 05-Aug-15 10:52:33

Hi!
Sorry haven't been back, just wanted to update! I've seen a midwife an been diagnosed with PGP & sciatica, I've been referred for physio and given some lovely painkillers smile
So I just wanted to say thankyou so much to you lot! I had no idea and would've carried on suffering in silence right until the end and now I'm feeling much more positive grin
I hope everyone else suffering feels better flowers and fingers crossed for a sleepy baby for mrsg ha!

blowinahoolie Wed 05-Aug-15 10:58:12

Hope you manage to get a better sleep now you've got the painkillers. I've had PGP in this pregnancy just like the other two pregnancies. I'm pregnant with DC3 as well. 37 weeks pregnant now and wishing it was the end, fed up of feeling like a whale now...

CarrieLouise25 Wed 05-Aug-15 15:04:18

Thanks for the update BlueBananas, so glad you've got what you need to get you through now.

Anyone who hasn't had it, just doesn't get the level of pain!!

Lots of luck, hope the rest of the pregnancy goes well x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now