Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Just eaten something silly ?

(16 Posts)
Emmalbae Sun 02-Aug-15 20:11:44

Last night I had a dominoes pizza for dinner. About an hour ago I ate the last two slices cold from yesterday which had been left on the side all night. I've done this before not being pregnant and had no issues but now I'm worried about it being 7 weeks pregnant. Am I ok ? I've just realised it wasn't even put in the fridge.

GemmeFatale Sun 02-Aug-15 20:12:25

You'll be fine.

luckiestgirlintheworld Sun 02-Aug-15 20:13:32

Absolutely fine.

Emmalbae Sun 02-Aug-15 20:14:48

Thanks. It had mozerella cheese on is that ok as well ?

Junosmum Sun 02-Aug-15 20:20:42

It's fine. I wouldn't do it regularly but you and the baby will be fine.

Emmalbae Sun 02-Aug-15 20:21:53

Thanks.
How come you wouldn't do it often ?

BowiesJumper Sun 02-Aug-15 20:49:39

Ah it's fine I wouldn't worry.

Doublebubblebubble Sun 02-Aug-15 21:14:59

You'll be fine - next day pizza always tastes better anyway. XD don't worry xx

lastnightiwenttomanderley Sun 02-Aug-15 21:16:02

Mozzarella is fine smile

Emmalbae Sun 02-Aug-15 21:17:56

Thanks for a minute their I thought I was going to contract listeria and cause a miscarriage to happen. Got really upset for a second smile

lastnightiwenttomanderley Sun 02-Aug-15 21:18:35

(it will have been made with pasteurised milk and was cooked anyway - cooked soft cheeses are fine whether pasteurised or not)

Wendied Sun 02-Aug-15 21:25:57

It might be worth speaking to your midwife about what you can and can't eat just to avoid any unnecessary stress. These things change constantly so they'll be able to advise.

Emmalbae Sun 02-Aug-15 21:29:00

Thanks. I think I will next week as have my booking in app.
It all sounds ok though according to every one else.
Still really worried though :/

lastnightiwenttomanderley Sun 02-Aug-15 21:47:32

Try not to worry. As pp said, ypu shouldn't make a habit of something that has sat on the worktop all night but that's true whether pg or not.

The NHS website has a very comprehensive list of what you can and shouldn't eat and it's really nowhere near as restrictive as you might think, particularly as it also gives the workarounds. For example, I still have sushi once a week as the fish has been frozen first.

And congratulations!

Emmalbae Sun 02-Aug-15 22:09:28

Thanks I just feel so silly and like I'll miscarry now and it'll be all my fault . Really should of thought more shouldn't I

newbian Mon 03-Aug-15 01:45:03

Most miscarriages are a result of something wrong with the fetus, not action by the mother. Relax. The human race would have died out a long time ago if pizza on a counter was all it takes to end a pregnancy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now