Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Lost mucus plug TMI

(23 Posts)
MumToBe2015R Sun 02-Aug-15 20:03:02

Earlier today I think I lost the mucus plug, yellow jelly (phlegm looking) very sticky. TMI!

After now this, what to expect?

I'm at 40+1

TakesTwoToTango Sun 02-Aug-15 20:18:50

Maybe labour starting, maybe not, maybe waters breaking, maybe not... Much as you were this time yesterday given your gestation! Sorry! grin

Doublebubblebubble Sun 02-Aug-15 21:29:29

For me (and I'm a freak of nature I think lol) it was
1. Lose plug

2. Waters break

3. Labour starts
4.dd (in this case) born all within 4.5hours.

Losing the plug can mean something or nothing as it can repair--not sure if that's the right word for it-- itself. Xx good luck xx

mrsatkinson Sun 02-Aug-15 22:33:00

i lost my plug 9 days ago and havent had anything since. midwife and consultant have told me not to worry, its your cervix preparing but doesnt necessarily mean labour is imminent.

Lj8893 Sun 02-Aug-15 22:45:17

I lost my plug about 10 days before I went into labour. Hope it happens quicker for you though!

omri Sun 02-Aug-15 22:51:05

Dc1 lost plug.started having contractions an hour later and baby was born 8 hrs later.
Dc2 lost plug but nothing happened for 3 nights (but she came fast when she did!)
How are you op? Any news?

cogitosum Sun 02-Aug-15 22:53:37

I lost my plug on the Wednesday morning. Contractions started in the evening and ds was born on the Saturday morning shock

I was 42+1 though so he was coming out one way or the other! grin

MumToBe2015R Sun 02-Aug-15 23:54:12

Thank you for replies. I went for a very long walk up hills aswell & eating lots of spicy food to encourage so hopefully something.... Having tightenings in & off. Also weird feeling down below TMI.

omri Mon 03-Aug-15 07:55:44

Congratulations cogito! Wow sounds like a long process... Hope all is going well ��
Good luck OP... Sounds like things were starting last night...?

waitingfornumber2 Mon 03-Aug-15 07:59:02

40+6 here and been losing plug since last Tuesday. Still no baby! Everyone is different though and you might go lickety split!

avocadotoast Mon 03-Aug-15 08:01:27

I lost my plug over a couple of days. Then started having contractions on the Wednesday morning and DD wasn't born until Saturday. Sorry - probably not what you wanted to hear! Hope it goes quickly for you smile

sandgrown Mon 03-Aug-15 08:02:28

Labour started the same day with DC2. It may not be long before your little one arrives. Good Luck smile

cogitosum Mon 03-Aug-15 08:03:43

Sorry just realised my post made it sound like he was just born. He's 2!

angelicjen Mon 03-Aug-15 08:18:52

MumToBe, me too! Also 40+1! Went to bed all excited expecting to be woken by contractions in the night, but nothing hmm Have midwife this morning and will be offered sweep - not sure what to do. What are you thinking?

MumToBe2015R Mon 03-Aug-15 11:15:19

Angel I've just got back from appointment with consultant, was asked if wanted the sweep, which I happily agreed to. Until when he examined & still wasn't ready & cervix still closed arghhhh!!!

So if nothing by Wednesday early morning I guess I'll be induced 10:30 Wednesday as its already booked.

How did ur appointment go? Did u have the sweep?

angelicjen Tue 04-Aug-15 08:48:31

No, I got sent for a growth scan instead. It was fine. Have appointment booked for next tues (feels like forever away) and will have it done then if no joy. Had a lot of twinges yesterday but nothing more. It's so frustrating isn't it. How you feeling today?

MumToBe2015R Tue 04-Aug-15 19:26:33

Glad all was well in growth scan.
I've had lots of tightenings yesterday evening & pain in the back. But nothing happened, really thought something would start in the middle of the night, but of course not because he's being stubborn.

Being induced tomorrow morning, it's all booked.

5YearsTime Tue 04-Aug-15 19:33:52

I lost mine at 40, waters went at 40+1 and labour started, baby born at 40+2

Bloody exhausted by then. I know you can't bloody sleep because you are too bloody pregnant but woman get some rest!!! And yes I would have poked you in the eye if you had told me that at 40 weeks pregnant too!

Ohbollocksandballs Tue 04-Aug-15 19:36:06

I lost mine at 40+12, pains started a few minutes later and DS was born 30 odd hours later. Best of luck!

GoooRooo Tue 04-Aug-15 20:56:13

Good luck in the morning OP!

Roseybee10 Tue 04-Aug-15 21:26:33

Both times my contractions started within an hour of losing my plug.

Dd1 was born around 36 hours after I started losing it.
Dd2 around 26 hours.

Hope things get moving for you soon xx

angelicjen Wed 05-Aug-15 13:11:43

I guess by the time you check this again op your baby will be here! Let us know how you got on.
I'm still waiting...

omri Wed 05-Aug-15 13:46:22

Hope all is well op. Thinking of you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now