Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Is this what they call a chemical?

(3 Posts)
catbus Sun 02-Aug-15 13:54:48

Hey all. I have had 2 MMCs last year, in March and December. With both of those I had symptoms from the off, unlike my successful pregnancies where I didn't have symptoms straight away, I just knew I had to test.
Anyway, I never go past a 28 day cycle and despite not having any symptoms, I just knew I had to test- a day late.
Tested late at night and positive straight away and very clear. Completely shocked tbh!
And now this morning I woke all hot and upon going to the loo, lots of blood when wiping and bleeding a bit on a pad. Also mild cramping on and off. I suppose I'be never had a MC 2 days after a +hpt, and so I'm just not sure how to feel.
For me, any blood has always resulted in MC, so I guess I'm not overly hopeful.
Anyway, I am assuming this is what they call a chemical? And if so, how long before you test negative- because it took 3 weeks to show negative after my last MC at 11 weeks.
Tia smile

jusdepamplemousse Sun 02-Aug-15 14:42:52

Either chemical PG or an implantation bleed I guess? How stressful for you and confusing. flowers

If I were you I would call your local EPU for advice. They will know when you should re-test etc and if you should have a scan in a few weeks. They might also do bloods to check level of HCG and track it for you.

Hope you're ok.

catbus Sun 02-Aug-15 17:39:42

Thank you smile
It hasn't fully 'got going' yet so waiting for that to happen. Then I guess when this 'period' has finished I will test and hopefully get a negative, just so.I know it's all over. Part of me is clinging on.to hope that it'll all be fine, but having had a total of 4 MCs over the years, I've never seen blood as a good outcome. Just a bit odd to have been/known I was/am pregnant for a couple of days confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now