Talk

Advanced search

C Section pain

(6 Posts)
Crazycatlady15 Sun 02-Aug-15 09:57:10

Hello, I had a section on 28th July so early days in terms of recovery but I just wanted to ask for some advice /opinions.

My blood loss appears to be OK now and nothing out of the ordinary but the pain feels pretty awful. I have bad pain in my stomach area, the scar seems to be fine but I have really nasty pain to the side of my belly button and side of my stomach, it kind of feels like a burning and stretchy pain. I have to hold my bump underneath whilst walking around and getting in and out of bed as it is so uncomfortable.

I am due a visit from the midwife today so will mention it to her but just wondered if anyone has experienced anything similar?

mygreeneyedboy Sun 02-Aug-15 10:03:18

Are you continuing with painkillers? It takes a while for the pain to go.. What does the cut look like? (Get a mirror to help if you need it). Also get the midwife to look at it.

Crazycatlady15 Sun 02-Aug-15 10:12:38

I am still taking codeine, paracetamol, ibuprofen and also have some iron tablets as my levels are low. I am also on antibiotics for a slight infection, had IV antibiotics before I left the hospital. The cut looks very neat and seems to be healing fine, the midwife checked it on Friday and said it looked really good...

niceupthedance Sun 02-Aug-15 10:16:57

Might it just be after pains from uterus (my c section memory has faded somewhat)?

Crazycatlady15 Sun 02-Aug-15 10:29:35

I did wonder that, my brain is mush at the moment so I am probably worrying about nothing.

Whatabout Sun 02-Aug-15 12:18:07

Are you formula feeding? If you are breast feeding you mustn't take codeine.

Hope the pain eases soon, get lots of rest flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now