Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Induction or not???

(5 Posts)
MumToBe2015R Sat 01-Aug-15 12:24:53

First baby & I'm 40wks today. Had a lot of complications during the pregnancy & also have BMI of 42.

Saw consultant yday & he tried to do sweep but was unable to as cervix was closed, but soft.

DTD last night as advised by mw.

But called me for induction on Wednesday now, but herd lots about this... Anyone shed any light on this, how does it feel? What to expect?

Don't no what to do! Or should ask for C-Section?

LashesandLipstick Sat 01-Aug-15 12:26:49

I'd rather have a c section but that's personal preference, I've never had an induction. If you've had complications I'd just plan a nice ELCS

GoooRooo Sat 01-Aug-15 12:29:18

I would rather have an induction than a C section personally. I had an induction with my first baby and it was a long labour but the recovery was quick whereas with a C section you have a much bigger chance of a long recovery.

My induction was with a pessary (which did nothing) followed by the drip which kick started contractions. My waters had already gone but if yours haven't they may do that first to see if that starts anything. In my experience it's a lot of waiting around. Apart from that it's the same as any other labour as far as I know.

GoooRooo Sat 01-Aug-15 12:29:57

Oh and I had a BMI over 40 then too and was 37. I'm now 40 and expecting again and have been told I will be induced by my due date and I'm okay with that.

KatyN Sat 01-Aug-15 21:32:17

I would be happy with am induction this time.. I had one last time. A mw is with you all the time and the support from the, was amazing,

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now