Talk

Advanced search

Nursing bras - when and what size?

(4 Posts)
NoColdCallers Sat 01-Aug-15 11:21:11

I'm looking for some help with buying nursing bras! I've got PUPPP which means that the thought of getting fitted for a nursing bra before baby arrives is unbearable as my skin is so sensitive and irritated.

I thought I could buy one or two without trying on instead but don't know what size to get or when to buy.
I'm 36 weeks at the moment. How much bigger than my current size will I need to go (ie one or two cup sizes?) and is it better to leave it closer to my due date (will my boobs grow/shrink before then?) or can I get them now?
Grateful for your advice smile

HazleNutt Sat 01-Aug-15 12:56:33

I would get one of those stretchy ones that can accommodate several sizes, like Bravado Body Silk or Royce Blossom, probably a cup size or 2 up from your current size. And get properly fitted a few weeks after having the baby - preferably in Bravissimo, definitely not in Mothercare or M&S.

NoColdCallers Sat 01-Aug-15 14:11:41

Thanks HazleNutt I didn't know you could get multi-sized ones - I'll have a Google. There isn't a Bravissimo where I live unfortunately - it'll have to be m&s hmm

With a fitting after baby arrives are they ok with you being a bit leaky? Always imagined I'd do it before to avoid faffing around with breast pads etc blush

HazleNutt Sat 01-Aug-15 15:21:41

trouble with going before is that it's really hard to guess how much your size will change.
Don't let M&S fit you, you'll end up in way too big back and small cup. better measure yourself based on the instructions here thebetterbracampaign.blogspot.fr/p/fitting-advice.html

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now