Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Music Festivals when Pregnant?!

(14 Posts)
sjd114 Fri 31-Jul-15 17:50:38

Hi All!

I've been given some free tickets to Board masters in Newquay, and my favourite band are playing.. obviously I won't be crowd surfing / drinking.. and we will be driving home, not camping..

Just wondering if anyone has done this.. or has any advice?

smile

Junosmum Fri 31-Jul-15 17:51:30

Yes it's fine. Have fun and don't stand in the scrum.

TheTravellingLemon Fri 31-Jul-15 17:52:34

Yeah, it was great and they even let me skip the queues for the loos wink

ApplesTheHare Fri 31-Jul-15 17:59:34

It depends on how you feel. I didn't like crowds on nights out when I was preggers as I'm really short and would get barged into a lot by drunken people who didn't notice I was preggers confused

funkybum Fri 31-Jul-15 18:03:43

Do it - you can always leave if its too much. I've just done a 3 day festival (but stayed in hotel) at 28 weeks. Do have spd, so wish I had taken a chair! Have a one day festival when I will be 33 weeks, but its close to home. Enjoy!

happygojo Fri 31-Jul-15 20:03:20

I went to radio 1 big weekend at 7 months. It was fine, I just stayed out of the crowd. I did underestimate the sun though plenty of sunscreen, water and a hat. You really do burn more easily in pregnancy!

Notapinkgirl Fri 31-Jul-15 20:26:21

I went to download festival for 3 days at 18 weeks, I was a bit worried before hand but it was great fun and I won't get to go again next year! If your not allowed chairs take chopped up cabbing mat and throw it away at night. Also the best this in a disposable poncho available at most camping shops, great for both when it rains and sitting on if the floor is damp. Also take a small bottle of water it's likely there will be somewhen you can re fill it.

Doublebubblebubble Fri 31-Jul-15 21:25:12

I would say it depends on how many weeks you are and how well you feel in yourself. I went to a few when I was pregnant with my DD (5), one festival at about 12 weeks and another at about 32. I had bad hg at 12 weeks but I have always found distractions good (we camped for this one) the last festival I literally thought I was dying. Too crowded, Toilet issues, Loudness hippies, people touching the bump etc I just couldn't take it (we were meant to camp but decided correctlyagainst. Its up to you though - you could treat it as a nice day out with some fun music xx good luck xx

Sighing Sat 01-Aug-15 08:03:03

At 37 weeks I was at a Green Day gig with my first. It was fine. I did get some strong kicks (it was loud) but I felt fine.

NoColdCallers Sat 01-Aug-15 11:56:00

You'll be fine! Just take some bottles of water and hand wipes or sanitiser, and stand a bit further back when you're watching the bands so you don't get jostled.

MummyBex1985 Sat 01-Aug-15 12:06:55

Shouldn't be a problem!

If you are pretty far along and might get physically tired then one of those fold down golf chairs might help so you can sit down anywhere smile

sianihedgehog Sat 01-Aug-15 21:09:20

You'll be fine! I did an electronic music festival in chalets at 20 weeks.

Allstoppedup Sat 01-Aug-15 22:39:03

Did 5 days at Boomtown Fayre when 7 months pregnant with my first.

The hill was a killer and I would highly recommend you buy a 'luxury toilets' pass if it's that sort of festival (the portapottys were definitely too small for me to move about in- people generally are lovely and let you queue jump though!)

Make sure you stay hydrated and obviously try and move safely through crowds, if you are obviously pregnant I've found people are really polite and friendly but smaller bumps might not be noticed, a bit of jostle won't do any harm but still pays to be wary when there are crowds/drinking.

Familiarise yourself with first aid points just in case- I took my pregnancy notes too but that was because it was 5 days, if it had been 1/2 I might not have bothered!

I had a fab time, danced, ate lots of tasty food - you will be totally fine! Have fun!

sjd114 Sat 01-Aug-15 23:39:12

Thank you for all the advice!! Really looking forward to it! Eeek! X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now