Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Can you take a bath when you've put a pessary in?

(3 Posts)
Frillsandspills Fri 31-Jul-15 14:30:38

I put a canesten pessary in last night as I have thrush and I really fancy taking a bath instead of a normal shower. I find baths ease any aches and pains and just relax me in general and since I have free time til 6 o'clock I thought id take one now, but I doubt the pessary will have fully dissolved.

I feel like this is a really stupid question but has anyone else taken a bath with it in? I fear it will all kind of ooze out in the water.

Junosmum Fri 31-Jul-15 15:21:22

Whenever I've had a pessary and put it in at night I've had a white 'sludge' in my pants the next day and assumed that's it dissolved and dealt with so I wouldn't worry and would have a bath. Remember though that a bath is more likely to aggravate your thrush due to the soaps in the water - from the body wash or shampoo, even if you don't use bubble bath.

Frillsandspills Fri 31-Jul-15 15:37:17

Thank you Junos, I think in that case I'll get a quick shower than run a bath with nothing but water in to relax. I can't get enough of lovely warm baths lately!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now