Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

I've hit a wall...

(3 Posts)
RockerMummy184 Fri 31-Jul-15 08:02:07

I don't know how I'm going to cope with the rest of this pregnancy!
I'm completely and utterly exhausted, but I can't sleep. I work full time and have a 2yo DS to run round after. I am uncomfortable. I feel like there is no more room for the babies to grow any more (DCDA Twins) I am constantly in pain. I have SPD which is causing me awful trouble even just waddling walking around the house.
I'm having a crappy time with my husband at the moment and a new bully colleague at work.
I have given my notice to start maternity leave, but it's not until the end of August.
I don't want to have to go off sick, as I will only get SSP and was hoping I could earn as much as possible over the next few months to subsidise my SMP.
I just don't know what to do. I'm an emotional wreck. I feel like a complete failure.
Sorry for the rant.

Cornberry Fri 31-Jul-15 08:10:57

You poor thing. Can't you get signed off on paid sick leave even maybe just for a few days so you can catch your breath? Otherwise best suggestion is to basically do the bare minimum, do everything really slowly and prioritise tasks you must complete and leave the rest. You need to look after yourself and take it easy at much as possible.

Minisoksmakehardwork Fri 31-Jul-15 08:13:58

Sorry to hear you're having a tough time. My twins are now 3. When I was expecting them I had a 1 and 3 yo (they turned 2 and 4 within 8 weeks of the twins arriving).

Re the rough time with bully colleague - you've given notice to start maternity now so you won't have to put up with them much longer. I assume you've raised it with management, if not, do it. So when 'double pregnancy hormones' take over and you give them a piece of your mind... Well, no one can say they didn't know...

Re dh. Is he finding the impending changes to your family hard or just generally being an idiot? Me being pregnant with twins, and probably the first year- 18 months, were absolutely the toughest time in our relationship. Especially as we also had two young children who needed us as well. I won't lie, it was relentless and there were times when I wondered if we'd last. Especially when friends of ours, who had twins a couple of years earlier, separated and subsequently divorced.

It's easy for me to say take it easy and be kind to yourself. But you do really need to. My twins arrived at nearly 37 weeks. Which is very good. But it was touch and go for a while whether they'd have to be delivered earlier due to t1 growth. I ended up going on maternity leave at 29 weeks and being able to do things at my own pace helped me greatly.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now