Talk

Advanced search

Bleeding at 20 weeks

(6 Posts)
Frillsandspills Thu 30-Jul-15 21:10:50

I'll be 20 weeks tomorrow and had some cramps today and a bit of spotting when I wiped. The cramps were a little more intense than usual but I was only really worried due to the spotting.

I went to the hospital to be checked out at they heard the baby's heartbeat but it did take them a while to find so when they did I burst into tears, I was so happy!
The doctor did say I had thrush which may have caused the spotting but other than that after the examination everything looked fine.

The doctor was lovely and reassured me that although I didn't hear the heartbeat for long and it was a little quiet as the Doppler wasn't in the best position due to the baby moving round a lot but the nurse and doctor were lovely and reassuring.

Just wondered if anyone experienced anything similar? My cervix etc seems to be fine as the doctor didn't say anything when she looked, just that I had thrush.

I feel reassured but it gave me such a fright so I'm still a bit panicked.

Frillsandspills Thu 30-Jul-15 21:17:03

Spotting has still continued but nothing heavy and pains aren't that bad

Itscurtainsforyou Thu 30-Jul-15 21:39:40

Hmm - thrush causing spotting is news to me.
The good thing is that they couldn't find anything wrong. Sometimes it's possible to get "pockets" of blood which are not sinister, just one of those things.
Hope the pain stops soon, but if anything changes/gets worse go straight back.

NK5BM3 Thu 30-Jul-15 21:42:17

Did you have a scan? How low is your placenta?

Frillsandspills Thu 30-Jul-15 22:04:30

My mum said she'd been told thrush can cause spotting in the past, the doctor told me this to but I'd never heard it before.

I have my 20 week scan on Tuesday so I'll know more about my placenta then! I've felt little movements from the baby since so trying not to worry too much, I'll feel better after my scan though!

Frillsandspills Thu 30-Jul-15 22:14:51

I wonder if stress has something to do with it maybe?
My dad was diagnosed with cancer yesterday so I've been really stressed and I'm worried that has something to do with it?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now