Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

How did you feel around 14 weeks?

(27 Posts)
CheesyWater Thu 30-Jul-15 11:32:41

I'm starting to feel human again. It's weird confused

Morning sickness and exhaustion have eased. I think I might have felt a few flutters but I'm sure it's early for that (second baby).

I feel less pregnant, if that makes sense... Anyone else know what I mean? How did you feel at 14 weeks?

PrincessOfChina Thu 30-Jul-15 11:35:04

I was still feeling rough second time round (lasted until about 20 weeks) but looking much better. I was very bloated at first and that receded.

I did also feel flutterings by about 15 weeks. That made the nausea much easier to deal with!

sarkymare Thu 30-Jul-15 11:37:02

Like death warmed up for me! That's my 'normal' though and I was exactly the same at that stage in this pregnancy.

Pregnancy just does not seem to be kind to me.

stupidgirl45 Thu 30-Jul-15 11:39:36

Hah, I felt worse 14-15 wks (and last time too).

Touch wood am a bit better today.

Have felt some movements too - am 15wks

CheesyWater Thu 30-Jul-15 13:01:20

I'm not entirely sure if I am feeling flutters...they're so quick and little!

stupidgirl45 Thu 30-Jul-15 13:17:29

That sounds about right smile

I've had them for a couple of weeks but I felt my son at 13wks so expected to feel this one early too.

It's exciting. I like to play it music smile Cheesy I know

Siesta Thu 30-Jul-15 13:32:08

At 14 weeks I felt perfectly normal. So much so that I began to worry! I didn't feel any movements until 21 weeks, which also had me worried. Maybe I'm just a worrier smile

Focusfocus Thu 30-Jul-15 14:53:10

I've maintained notes! Here's what my notes say about weeks 13-15

13: nausea and sickness disappeared! very achey waist, back and legs, at night especially, breakouts on face beginning
14&15: Enormous break out of acne all over forehead, sideburns, chest, neck. Food poisoning for a day in week 15. Babe sexed as male!

Choccyhobnob Thu 30-Jul-15 14:58:35

I felt utterly miserable. I never suffered any sickness but was constantly hungry so eating like a horse which meant I stopped fitting in all my clothes but didn't have a bump so didn't fit in maternity clothes. Plus we'd told everyone by that point and people were fussing over me so much I wanted to kill them as I was still perfectly fit and healthy and they were treating me like a china doll. Once I got a bump at about 16-17 weeks I felt much better! haha

Junosmum Thu 30-Jul-15 15:25:25

Started to feel better, but chucked up again today (15+4) - at work as well. I am feeling more human though and less pregnant, feel an occasional flutter though if I'm lying still which helps.

LilacWine7 Thu 30-Jul-15 15:29:55

I felt dreadful at 14weeks. HG, migraines, exhaustion, pelvic pain, cramps, mood swings. It all improved around 24weeks and at 33weeks I'm feeling a lot better. For me the middle trimester was not the 'golden trimester' at all. Though at 14weeks I started to feel the first fluttery movements, which was exciting smile

Brummiegirl15 Thu 30-Jul-15 18:22:03

I'm 14 weeks on Monday. My nausea eased last week, yay, but had come back with a vengeance this week! Sigh

And I'm so bloody tired. Could just sleep for a week

Nousername2015 Thu 30-Jul-15 18:27:32

I felt ok at 14 weeks, had finally stopped throwing up and felt like I had a lot more energy.
15 weeks seems to be a totally different story though, but I have bad a busy few days. No flutters for me, although I've got no idea what I'm supposed to be feeling anyway!

DefinitelyNotElsa Thu 30-Jul-15 18:40:23

I felt pretty good at 14 weeks. No nausea, but still a bit tired. I went on holiday for the week at that point and was able to do everything as normal, although I struggled with the heat a bit more than I expected.

YeOldeTrout Thu 30-Jul-15 18:48:24

Mostly puketastic still.

avocadotoast Thu 30-Jul-15 19:28:03

I think I felt pretty un-pregnant. I know I was just having to start using a hair bobble to fasten my jeans!

avocadotoast Thu 30-Jul-15 19:28:55

Oh, I did have fucking awful headaches until well into my second trimester though. Like, three day headaches that nothing could shift. Awful.

CheesyWater Thu 30-Jul-15 19:31:47

It's amazing how everyone is so different. Thanks for sharing. grin

Evenings are still bloody hard for me; the sickness and exhaustion seems to wait until 7pm to appear now. envy

Esssss Thu 30-Jul-15 20:03:45

I'm 15 weeks with my second now and I'm not feeling sick anymore, in fact I'm eating like a pig and clothes are feeling tight. Still exhausted though....although that may be because this time I have a very energetic toddler! First pregnancy around this time i remember getting really worried cause I didn't feel pregnant anymore.

Skiptonlass Thu 30-Jul-15 20:28:14

I felt utterly shit smile

Happy, really chuffed to be pregnant, but shit.

I felt shit as 3.5 weeks and I feel shit at 29 weeks.

As my doc said to me the other day - the only cure is delivery.

MissSMartin Thu 30-Jul-15 20:35:33

as rough as a dog since 4.5 weeks.. im 15w tomorrow.. ive had about 3 days where I've not been sick in over 10weeks lol.. it will all be worth it though!! grin

NoArmaniNoPunani Thu 30-Jul-15 20:45:35

I still felt crap at 14 weeks. Just starting to feel better at 18 weeks.

Choccyhobnob Fri 31-Jul-15 12:13:31

I don't know how all of you with sickness manage it! I was absolutely dreading the possible sickness when I found out I was pg as I don't handle feeling sick very well at all. Luckily I haven't had any (33+3 now) but last night I ate something dodgy and was really ill for a couple of hours and just wanted to cry! You all deserve medals if you feel/are sick for weeks and months!

EdgarAllenPoe Fri 31-Jul-15 14:21:55

I felt a lot better at 14 weeks. No nausea and back to eating relatively 'normally'. The only issue I've had is sore hips and the odd tired day. I'm 17+1 now and the tiredness is starting to creep back in as my sleep is just starting to suffer. Don't worry about feeling 'less pregnant,' I did too and I think that's normal. Heard the heartbeat at my midwife appointment yesterday and was genuinely relieved there was something in there since I feel quite normal!

bex198443 Sat 01-Aug-15 00:35:33

I'm 14 weeks today and feeling a bit better not as tired as I have been! Only symptoms I have are the really uncomfortable bloat! I feel like I'm a balloon that's being blown up throughout the day! And massive hunger! I'm not an eater bit I literally am eating everything that is bad for u! Lol xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now