Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

5 weeks pregnant - are these symptoms normal?

(10 Posts)
Londonlady2015 Wed 29-Jul-15 20:53:05

Hi everyone
First time posting on the pregnancy forum so be kind!
I'm five weeks pregnant (well, will be tomorrow) and so far my symptoms consist of occasional dull cramps in pelvis similar to period pain, and bizarrely, what feels like a stitch a few inches south of my boobs. No nausea but my appetite has revved up - I have that horrid empty feeling if I get hungry.

Anyway just wanted to hear of how anyone else felt at this stage, whether it's normal or not. Still awaiting appt with midwife.

Thanks!

jusdepamplemousse Wed 29-Jul-15 20:58:19

Aside from the stitch thing that's exactly what I had at 5 weeks.

Congratulations!

shieldbug Wed 29-Jul-15 20:59:50

Hello londonlady. I've not experienced the symptoms you describe, but if you have abdominal pain (depending on exactly where this stitch is manifesting itself), I think you should contact your gp or early pregnancy unit to rule out anything worrying. They really won't mind you seeking reassurance. The period-type pains sound pretty normal though. Hope I haven't worried you unnecessarily; hopefully a few more people will post who have more knowledge than I. Good luck. Have you joined one of the antenatal clubs? If you are due in March, hop on the March bus; we're all v. friendly!

Londonlady2015 Wed 29-Jul-15 21:10:57

Thank you...

shieldbug no you haven't worried me that's fine, I'd rather get proper objective opinions. The stitch feeling is higher than my general stomach area, and now I think of it I wonder if it's slight indigestion or trapped wind - how embarrassing! Just wish I was more chilled about the whole thing.

March bus sounds good is it on the Pregnancy forum? X

mumchkin Thu 30-Jul-15 05:31:33

Exactly the same for me plus bloodhound-like sense of smell. Week 6 was when the nausea and exhaustion started...

BlueBirdBlue Thu 30-Jul-15 10:40:57

Pretty much the same! The cramps are likely the ovary that released the magic egg (that's what I was told at my week scan).

I was utterly ravenous for the first trimester and had to constantly eat! I was worried about gaining too much weight but mw was very relaxed and said obviously my body needed it. Just try and make the snacks low -calorie, like flavoured rice cakes and fruit.

Congratulations! smile

camembertlovernomore Thu 30-Jul-15 11:08:59

Hi LondonLady2015 I am just over 5 weeks gone and have similar period/dull achey feeling although it is more subtle than period pain. I also thought I was getting a nosebleed as I could taste iron in blood but apparently it's just a normal metallic taste - oh the joys of pregnancy grin I am also on the March bus so come join us it's helpful to see what everyone else's symptoms are like as everyone is different and every pregnancy is different. If in doubt talk to your GP if the pain gets too bad but otherwise I am sure it is just our bodies getting used to being pg

melonface Thu 30-Jul-15 11:21:33

Exactly what I have had so far (now 15 weeks)
Congratulations on your pregnancy smile

Londonlady2015 Sat 01-Aug-15 08:52:18

Thank you so much everyone v helpful. Weird stitch has mostly subsided and only seems to be there after food so I reckon I'm eating too quickly (standard behavior!)
V v occasional pelvic cramps and sore boobs. Will just try to chill out.

docmcstuffins1 Sat 01-Aug-15 09:16:48

Between 4 and 6 weeks I had quite severe period pains (enough to stop me in my tracks and make me feel sick). I read that they're because everything is stretching ready to accommodate the growing baby. I kept an eye on them (and made sure they weren't localising to one side which could indicate an ectopic pregnancy) and they eventually stopped. I'm now 7+5 and the nausea has just started :-(

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now