Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Is no weight gain normal?

(20 Posts)
proudmummywife Wed 29-Jul-15 19:42:40

I'm ten weeks pregnant and my belly is big nothing fits not even leggings I'm into maternity already. But I haven't gained a single ounce? Is this ok considering my belly is showing

mummyneedinganswers Wed 29-Jul-15 19:47:03

Yea your probably only showing bloating which isn't baby weight. I'm 22 weeks with GD and still the exact same weight as before pregnant. Don't worry about it, my midwife said if I can keep my weight like this until 28 weeks it would be great as then at 28 weeks I should start to gain steadily xx

originalusernamefail Wed 29-Jul-15 19:48:43

At 10 weeks with DS I was actually 1.5 stone lighter than pre-preg due to HG. I had bloated out of all my clothes though. 'Twas weird grin.

NoArmaniNoPunani Wed 29-Jul-15 19:51:36

Yes I'm the same, 18 weeks with a definite baby bump but no weight gain. Midwife says it's nothing to worry about.

ThreeFrazzledFandangos Wed 29-Jul-15 19:51:46

Yep at 10 weeks id lost 9lbs. No weight gain is normal.

Clairejessica123 Wed 29-Jul-15 20:03:53

I didn't put any weight on until about 23 weeks and at almost 26 I'm only about 4lb heavier

HuftysTrain Wed 29-Jul-15 20:06:10

I lost weight both times in the first trimester. Didn't gain anything till about halfway through. The baby gets everything it needs, don't worry.

cheezypeas Wed 29-Jul-15 20:13:50

I was the same got very bloated very quickly but hadn't put on weight necessarily. Even now at 27 weeks, the weight I've gained is all bump. I am on the larger side normally though so its a good thing im not gaining too much!

Junosmum Wed 29-Jul-15 21:08:37

I'm 15 weeks and weigh 7.5lbs less than when I found out I was pregnant.

sherbertlemon17 Thu 30-Jul-15 08:47:07

I'm the same. Lost a few pounds in the first trimester and now at 21 weeks I've put on about a pound. I spoke to my mum and she says she was the same with both of her pregnancies, so I wonder if it's a bit to do with genes?

AvaAmulet Thu 30-Jul-15 13:28:21

I didn't show or put on weight for months with DD, but my clothes were really tight at 8 weeks - I couldn't do up my jeans! I think it was just bloating as after that passed my stomach went flat again (which was worrying at the time) then I gradually got a bit of a belly from 5 months - I still wasn't huge at 38 weeks when DD was born healthy and beautiful. Good luck x

Llb21 Thu 30-Jul-15 14:30:55

Dont worry. Im 40 week pregnant today and im huge! And iv only put on 9pounds!!! I was just under 9 stone when i got pregnant

fleamadonna Thu 30-Jul-15 14:37:08

I weighed the same just a few hours before ds was born as I did at my first midwife appointment.

wasn't particularly sick, just had a really small appetite throughout.

he weighed 7 lbs 8.5

insanityscatching Thu 30-Jul-15 14:38:11

I never put on more than 7lb with each pregnancy and all my babies weighed at least 7lb. For me pregnancy is the easiest way to lose weight hmm

ARV1981 Thu 30-Jul-15 16:33:18

I've put on loads.

I haven't weighed myself since 25 weeks (8 weeks ago) when I'd put on nearly three stone. I dread to think what I weigh now!!!

Thing is, everyone keeps telling me that it's all baby... which is strange because I KNOW my arse has got bigger! And my thighs... I used to have a gap, now I understand about chafing!!!

feeona123 Sun 02-Aug-15 00:42:02

Last pregnancy put on 2.5 stone, still hadn't lost most of it when I got pregnant again. 20 weeks now and put on 3lb, no sickness or diet change either! Hope it's going to stay a low weight gain as well as I'm 3 stone overweight!

Skeppers Sun 02-Aug-15 08:05:13

Can be quite normal. I had a high(ish) BMI at booking in and I've not gained any weight- currently 39 weeks. Baby is growing and putting on weight just fine! No GD or other complications. I've not even been careful about what I eat! Hoping for an overall loss after the birth. It's saved me a fortune in maternity clothes as I've not had to buy any; all my old stuff (including bras) still fits! grin

slushie Sun 02-Aug-15 09:16:21

On the day I had dd2, I was 7lbs lighter than my pre-preg weight. Huge bump dd2 was 8lb 8oz.
I lost weight as I couldn't eat junk it made me sick.

IfYouWereARiverIdLearnToFloat Sun 02-Aug-15 09:57:05

I lost 11lbs in first trimester as I just couldn't stomach anything but was bursting out of my jeans. A lot of that was bloating though. I'm 20 weeks now but still 7/8lbs lighter than I was pre-pregnancy. I've seen midwife & 2 consultants over last few weeks & nobody is concerned. Baby is measuring exactly as it should & my bump is expanding rapidly.

leadcrow Sun 02-Aug-15 13:54:56

Ugh this is such a relief to read...I am 15+2 and haven't gained any weight...I have a number of health issues and was really worried that it might be due to my various illnesses, good to know I'm not alone smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now