Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Stat maternity Pay...genuinely confused!

(5 Posts)
CherryGarcia1 Wed 29-Jul-15 18:12:24

I'm not too sure if this is the correct place to post this but any input would be really appreciated.

So I changed from self emoloyed to employed last April 2014, 12 month contract to lead a project however the last 2 months February and March 2015 I was signed off by GP with medical problems, received sick pay from company for this. Contract ended last day in March 2015. I am currently pregnant and due in December 2015.

I am now trying to work out if I am eligible for SMP? I understand that I would have had to work 26 weeks between sept 2014 and now, however, seeing as the last 2 months with company I was signed off sick does this mean I should not take these into consideration?

I'm sorry if this is confusing!
Many thanks

Topsy34 Wed 29-Jul-15 18:19:32

Try this, it should tell you if you can claim
www.gov.uk/pay-leave-for-parents

CherryGarcia1 Wed 29-Jul-15 18:20:59

Oh brilliant thank you!

MummyBex1985 Wed 29-Jul-15 20:33:00

Hi

If you haven't worked between March and your due date in December then you definitely won't be entitled to SMP. You need to still be employed 15 weeks before your estimated week of childbirth and constantly for 26 weeks before that to qualify.

CherryGarcia1 Wed 29-Jul-15 21:15:59

Good to know mummybex it's a minefield!. I'll check maternity allowance it might be an option for me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now