Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

What to do???? Some advice & suggestions would be great ladies

(3 Posts)
MumToBe2015R Wed 29-Jul-15 17:23:39

I'm 39+4, MW tried to do a sweep on Monday but cervix was still closed. Baby was engaged 4/5. Doctor has asked to see me on Friday to try a sweep again otherwise induction. I've had severe chest tightness on & off during my pregnancy which is the reason for doctors trying at 39weeks.

To go for induction or not? Go for C-Section?

This is my first pregnancy & I've got GD (diet controlled) & BMI of 42. And asthmatic.

Any advice & suggestions would be much appreciated

Xx

Saltedcaramel2014 Wed 29-Jul-15 17:27:17

I think given there are complicating factors, the best thing would be to follow medical advice. Lots of posters will have views on c-sections/inductions/delaying inductions etc. (and I'd love to give mine!) but my gut feeling is you should listen to your doctors.

mummyneedinganswers Wed 29-Jul-15 17:29:27

I don't have any advice but am exactly the same as u asthmatic along with spinal problems and GD and bmi of 40 so just watching to see the advice as would be knowledge for me lol I'm only 22 weeks but already been told will be induced at 39 weeks due to health issues x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now