Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Starting all over again...happy accident!

(13 Posts)
hellieH78 Wed 29-Jul-15 16:13:11

Hello all! So I have not long found out that I am pregnant, at 19 weeks.....sounds unbelievable but at my age, 37, and with a mother who was menopausal at 40, I simply assumed that my baby making days were done! So with a dd aged 12 and 7 year old twins, I am trying to get my head around the thought of a new baby! We are of course delighted, if a little shocked! Has anyone else found out so late? I feel so silly! H xx

Rachie1986 Wed 29-Jul-15 16:24:05

wow, congratulations!! what made you realise?!

CalypsoLilt Wed 29-Jul-15 17:01:30

Wow you're nearly in your 3rd trimester! Congrats!! star star star

CalypsoLilt Wed 29-Jul-15 17:02:47

Team blue pink or yellow?!

chopsface Wed 29-Jul-15 17:11:09

Congratulations!! Did you not have any symptoms?! I wish I'd got to my 20 weeks unaware of being pregnant, I've felt so ill!! And 37 is not old, I'm 35 and pregnant with my first ;-)

Indomitable Wed 29-Jul-15 17:16:52

Congratulations!

A friend of mine discovered she was pregnant at 22 weeks!

A combination of irregular cycles and needing assistance to conceive the first meant she hadn't realised. It's one of my favourite stories!

GoooRooo Wed 29-Jul-15 17:16:53

Wow! Congrats! What made you realise you might be pregnant?

Oopsiepoopsie Wed 29-Jul-15 17:19:01

Congratulations grin

How did u find out? Are your older 3 pleased?

sianihedgehog Wed 29-Jul-15 18:12:21

I've got one friend who found out at about that stage and another who found out via an ultrasound to investigate stomach pain when she was 37 weeks !!
And seconding that 37 isn't old. I'm 37 and pregnant with my first and caught first try! My grandmother started her family of 4 kids at 40!

Cornberry Wed 29-Jul-15 22:31:36

19 weeks and no symptoms?! You are so lucky! Congratulations smile

hellieH78 Thu 30-Jul-15 11:06:35

Hi all! Don't get me wrong, I have felt AWFUL for ages, I did a test weeks ago which was negative, so assumed I was menopausal (mum was very very early). I have been having really bad night sweats which is weird :/ I feel so different to last time, but then it was twins so I suppose I would be! I found out as I went to the doctor for a blood test - SUCH a shock, but stupidly happy. SOOOOOO much to organise though - and feel so out of the picture! xx

GoooRooo Thu 30-Jul-15 11:43:04

What a great suprise smile

This pregnancy has dragged for me so I wish I hadn't found out so early!

hellieH78 Thu 30-Jul-15 12:01:58

I always found out literally a few days after conception, which is a drag - but this is too much! Panic stations! Also, I have got rid of everything baby - so it will be an expensive couple of months sad Lots of research to do on new gadgets as well! H xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now