Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Elective section tomorrow - not excited at all. Am I weird?

(9 Posts)
resipsa Tue 28-Jul-15 18:55:03

Keep getting messages saying 'are you excited?'. I'm not. Waited for this for so long, don't think I ever really thought a live baby would appear (particularly on a date specified by me). Anyone else close but not feeling the buzz?

MuddyWellyNelly Tue 28-Jul-15 19:41:31

Resipsa me too. My due date is today. I actually went in yesterday for an induction but turned it down in the end, but when I arrived the MW said "Oh first baby, are you excited"? I don't think she expected the Not Really response. This pregnancy was very hard fought for, but like you this just makes me disbelieve that a baby will be the end result. I need to see it to believe it.

I think we will both be fine when they are here. smile Good luck for tomorrow, come back and let us know how you get on.

Whatabout Tue 28-Jul-15 19:43:27

C section six weeks today, no not excited, I'll just be wanting it over and done with I think by then and feel apprehensive about it all. Good luck for tomorrow!

Redtowel Tue 28-Jul-15 19:48:37

No, I was paralysed by fear about the surgery and how my life was going to change.mnit excited at all.

I woke up early and cried with fear.

The surgery was the least of my worries! The six months of sleep deprivation was the worst. Nothing to get excited about there.

Best of luck tomorrow.

Crumpet1 Tue 28-Jul-15 19:53:13

You might not be excited today but I bet you will be tomorrow grin good luck! flowers

eurochick Tue 28-Jul-15 19:53:30

My circs were a bit odd (csection at 34 weeks) which might have affected things, but I had no excitement at all. And as the first two posters on this thread know, it was a very hard won pregnancy. I didn't feel the rush of love when I first saw her either. But I adore her.

resipsa Tue 28-Jul-15 20:46:20

Hi Euro. God, we both made it in the end but was hoping that I'd be feeling the love a bit more! And I know what's coming which makes it worse. Trying to remember our longing on the EBs thread but it seems so distant now. Glad you adore DD now grin.

resipsa Tue 28-Jul-15 20:48:31

And thanks to the rest of you. If I am weird then at least I'm not alonewink.

MuddyWellyNelly Tue 28-Jul-15 21:16:35

Euro I think we all adore her grin.

I know full well I'm weird but happy to be in good company! Good luck again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now