Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

should i be this tired?

(11 Posts)
shmuf Tue 28-Jul-15 16:51:56

Hi everyone,
Well im 21weeks with dc3 at the moment with a 3yr old who doesnt and never has slept through the night and a 1,3yr old who has learnt to climb on everything possible...
I work every day until 1 and then have 2 hrs to get house stuff sorted before kids are home (shopping cooking cleaning etc). Where i am the temps in the summer are well in the 30s and i dont have a car (dh commutes far to work) so im out in the sun a lot in the afternoons,carrying shopping home,picking up dc from nursery, taking them to park etc.
Anyway,that long rant is the background. Now to my real question!after putting dc to bed i literally cannot move im so exhausted. I feel ginormous already (despite being at previous scan dm is convinced im having twins). Is this normal?!how can i give myself more energy?dh comes in late from work,well after 8 most days,and is upset to find me sprawled on the couch looking like a whale,but seriously i just cannot bring myself to do anything else!
Gosh that turned into a rant more than a que....experience with this anyone?!

sarkymare Tue 28-Jul-15 16:58:58

I'm not at all surprised that you're tired. Pregnancy is tiring at the best it times without adding climbing/non sleeping children and 30 degree heat into the mix.

Why is your partner upset? I could understand if you had been sprawled on the sofa all day but that isn't the case.

lemon101 Tue 28-Jul-15 19:42:59

I'm 21 weeks and bloody knackered too and I don't have 2 kids to look after! I am not in the least bit surprised you are exhausted!

Crumpet1 Tue 28-Jul-15 19:47:13

Yep, normal! Don't put yourself down, I don't think you realise how tired even reading what you do makes me feel!
Don't feel bad for your DH, you are working hard at making new life whilst also looking after 2 young children, if he can't understand why you're so tired then he's got a big problem. Lots of early nights should help, also make sure you are drinking enough and eating the right things. Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy smile

soloula Tue 28-Jul-15 19:48:51

Sounds like you've got your hands full! If you're worried about being overtired it might be worth phoning the midwife or Dr to get some bloods taken to check your iron levels as this can make you feel more drained if you're iron's low. Does seem like you've got a lot on your plate though so
might be worth having a look at some lifestyle changes for the next wee while to see if there's anything you can do to conserve a wee bit of energy like online shopping instead of going to supermarket yourself? Can DH help more with the housework in the evening when he gets back?

shmuf Wed 29-Jul-15 03:19:26

Thanks everyone,uv made me feel much better!sometimes i feel a bit bad taking it easier but i think its just necessary at the moment...!

Turquoiseblue Wed 29-Jul-15 05:43:26

I m exhausetd reading your daily routine smile
The heat s a real energy zapper too.
Is your iron levels and stores ok? Mine were 10- low end of suggested, but after supplementing with a decent iron tablet tehy re 13 and I feel really different now in terms of energy levels. (I take lactulose to counter the effects of constipation)
Also are you drinking enough water?
I was talking to the dietician and remember re saying that weeks 20-28 are all about iron levels (Ie the baby drawing them from you) and the last trimester all about calcium.
Interestingly too she suggested we need to go into labour with a good buffer in terms of iron levels as it can drop more than one point - so if you re 10 you could drop to 9 which you ll really feel the effects of.
Made me really refocus and get the iron up and I have to say I really do feel better for it.
But that said I m tired in the evenings and feel quite whale like most of the time. grin

shmuf Wed 29-Jul-15 06:07:27

Will def get iron levels checked,last pregnancy they were really low and thats really interesting what your midwife was saying! Also got a thyroid issue (well,a lack of, as it wasremoved a few years back!) So still trying to get my meds for that balanced which i guess isnt helping

Bellabutterfly2014 Wed 29-Jul-15 08:47:40

I'm 23 weeks and feel totally exhausted so totally understand what you mean. I'd second the online food shop it's a godsend and now the past couple of weeks it's not been so hot I've been utilising my slow cooker making lots of one pot wonders so at least when I come home from work I don't have to cook.
Im not due to finish work until October but I'm seriously worrying about how I will last that long!!!!!! X

goodnessgraciousgouda Wed 29-Jul-15 09:50:54

What the fuck is your partner expecting you to do be doing?

You've been at work, come home, sorted the house out, presumably done most of the household chores (unless he pitches in as soon as he gets back), sorted out the need of two children, AND as an aside, you're 20 odd weeks pregnant.

If you'd been lying there all day doing nothing then okay, but really?

Sounds like your partner is just being a twat to be honest.

Skiptonlass Wed 29-Jul-15 10:42:22

He's upset to find you on the sofa when you're knackered, pregnant, have been doing the housework, working, shopping, cleaning etc?

He needs a bloody good kick up the bum.

We haven't had a hot summer here (thank the gods for Swedish weather) but the few hot days we did have Just floored me. I'm not surprised you're tired! What does he expect? The little wife all dolled up in fresh makeup and a cocktail?

Put your feet up and get him to bring you a cold drink!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now