Talk

Advanced search

worrying about babies heart rate dropping at 16 weeks

(7 Posts)
AmiL123 Tue 28-Jul-15 16:18:24

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

lauraa4 Tue 28-Jul-15 16:22:29

Did the midwife seem concerned? If not then I'm sure everything is fine. If they are worried about anything they have a duty of care to tell you. Have you checked your notes to see if they have written anything?

bakingtins Tue 28-Jul-15 16:23:44

Normal foetal heart rate is 120-160, both measurements were in that range. It will depend how active baby is, surely? If MW was not concerned then I'm sure you don't need to be, but if it's going to bug you phone your MW for a chat and some reassurance.

AmiL123 Tue 28-Jul-15 18:23:10

lauraa4 Tue 28-Jul-15 19:21:20

As PP said normal heart rate is 120-160. My babies heart rate is never exactly the same each time and I'm 32 weeks. Try and remember that if there were any concerns your midwife would have told you. She certainly wouldn't of thought 'that's way too low, I just won't say anything' smile

I understand it is a worrying time, I get worried about things but i trust in my midwife to make me aware of any problems. Don't worry yourself with unnecessary stress when its not needed because you will only get yourself into a state.

AmiL123 Tue 28-Jul-15 20:49:06

lauraa4 Tue 28-Jul-15 22:33:24

I found that once I had my 20 week scan I relaxed a bit more smile good luck with your pregnancy

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now