Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

This is normal?

(6 Posts)
mrsleomcgary Tue 28-Jul-15 05:02:38

About 18 weeks pregnant, second baby.

So far no movement other that that flutters you get where you aren't sure are the baby or your tummy. Can't remember when I started feeling proper kicks with my first though everything I've read says you'll probably feel them earlier with your second.

Help calm me down that this is normal. At one of my previous scans (had them every 4weeks as I'm type 1 diabetic) I'm sure the sonographer said my placenta was at the front though cant remember for sure and nothing on my notes. 20 weeks scan is week.

It's 4.30am, help calm me down please.

minijoeyjojo Tue 28-Jul-15 05:06:55

If you have an anterior placenta (at the front) then it'll be perfectly normal. The placenta will cushion all of the kicks so you probably won't feel anything until later on.

I think even without that, at 18 weeks there is still so much room that they can easily be in a position where you don't feel much.

Hope that helps

KatyN Tue 28-Jul-15 07:20:27

I'm 18 weeks with a placenta not in the front. Second baby too. I can only feel the lightest of flutters. Literally tiny.

To be fair, I might be imagining it (but I've had a rough ride up to now so pretending it's movements to cheer myself up!).

I don't mean this as a gloat, just to say I don't think there is anything unusual in not feeling anything yet. My mw said 24 weeks.

CrumpetHead Tue 28-Jul-15 08:09:42

I'll be 18 weeks in 2 days time, I've been feeling the baby for about a week but very very lightly, I only notice when I'm sat down relaxing otherwise would totally miss it.

Didn't feel anything until about 21 weeks with DS1 so I wouldn't worry too much smile

TheTravellingLemon Tue 28-Jul-15 08:13:39

I have an anterior placenta and am pregnant with my second. No movement at all until about 20 weeks. Only feeling 'proper' movement now at 24 weeks.

Cornberry Tue 28-Jul-15 14:04:36

I didn't feel anything decisively until about 20 weeks and my placenta is normal (can't remember the medical term) so don't worry smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now