Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Gel nails in pregnancy

(5 Posts)
Giraffe5 Mon 27-Jul-15 14:14:28

Are they safe? I've booked to have mine done and the salon weren't very clear about the make of gel.

Newtobecomingamum Mon 27-Jul-15 14:40:25

I've had mine done twice.. No problems and didn't even know that there could be issues with having them done? It goes on your nail and not your skin.

RockerMummy184 Mon 27-Jul-15 14:47:45

I get mine done ever week or 2. The only time I've ever been able to get them done is when I've been pregnant as my nails have become lovely and strong and grow quickly. They are perfectly safe.

However, if you are coming to the end of your pregnancy I'd go for ordinary polish that you can take off yourself as if you need anything like an EMCS you may need to take it off and gel would be a hassle.

Enjoy your pamper session!

AbbeyRoadCrossing Mon 27-Jul-15 14:53:11

What RockerMummy said! As long as you're not late on it should be fine. The bit that sticvkstickss in my mind from my emcs is the midwives scrubbing at my toe tails whilst I was being wheels into theatre and that was normal polish

AbbeyRoadCrossing Mon 27-Jul-15 14:54:11

Sorry awful typos! Hopefully you get the idea - no nail polish in theatre / surgery

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now