Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

pregnancy after miscarriage

(3 Posts)
Lindsmomof3 Mon 27-Jul-15 13:45:11

I had a silent miscarriage last year and didn't find out untill my scan that my little bean was gone... I'm now pregnant again and cant eat or sleep properly cuz its constantly on my mind... I have first midwife appointment on wed and worried wat she will say... I've heard I may get an early scan is this right. Any help on anyone who has been through this and wat I should expect would be a great help.

lauraa4 Mon 27-Jul-15 14:01:52

Congratulations on your pregnancy flowers

I had the same thing as you January last year, I didn't find out until my 12 week scan that baby had died at 10 weeks.

Although you have had a previous miscarriage it is very unlikely they will offer you an early scan if you haven't had any pain or bleeding. Before 12 weeks anything as you know can happen so they are often very reluctant to do this unless they feel there is something wrong or you have had previous recurrent miscarriages. I was treated no differently in this pregnancy then I was in the last one. I had a normal booking in midwife appointment where they did note that I'd had a previous miscarriage, but that was it. I then just waited for my scan letter to arrive in the post.

If you are really struggling with the anxiety of it all it maybe an idea to pay to have a private early reassurance scan. It could help with your worries but as I said before 12 weeks nothing is certain. I found that the lead up to my 12 week scan this time was horrible and I cried the whole time in the waiting room and during the scan to be told baby was fine smile

I'm now 31 weeks so just because it's happened before it doesn't mean it will happen again.

Lindsmomof3 Mon 27-Jul-15 14:10:14

That's lovely news for you xx thank you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now