Talk

Advanced search

Screening results

(10 Posts)
Iammad Mon 27-Jul-15 13:33:07

How long did you wait after your 12 week screening bloods for your results either by phone or post?

ImpatiencePersonified Mon 27-Jul-15 13:42:31

I was advised they would call you within 48 hours if something was wrong, otherwise I would hear nothing.

I heard nothing but was still relieved when I went back at my 20 week scan and was told for sure!

AmberLav Mon 27-Jul-15 13:45:56

I called after 2.5 weeks, and apparently they had been sent out, but had got lost in the post - they arrived within 3 days of my call...

Iammad Mon 27-Jul-15 13:47:21

Mine says usualy within a week to phone, otherwise they will send a letter out within 3 weeks.
It's been nearly 3 weeks so as I haven't heard from them it's obviously low risk.
Just worried I'm that one who has been missed.
With my son last year I had the letter back with the % quite quickly, so maybe they are just busy.

MissMartin10 Mon 27-Jul-15 15:05:59

mw told me 2-3 days for a phone call if high risk and 2-3 weeks for a letter if not high risk.. hope that helps smile

Skiptonlass Mon 27-Jul-15 15:20:11

Had the bloods done a week before the scan, then results got plugged into the computer on the day of the scan and given to us there and then.

Have you had the nuchal fold ultrasound yet? If not, they're probably waiting for that. If not, and you've had scan plus bloods and have been waiting over a week or two, you could follow up with a call? Things do go missing in the post etc, but as others above say, no news is good news in these cases.

Iammad Mon 27-Jul-15 15:24:36

Had it all done on the same day, 12 weeks exactly.
I have hospital tomorrow, so I'll ask then.

Cheshirehello79 Mon 27-Jul-15 19:09:31

I didn't hear nothing on mine until 16 weeks mw visit where I got the results . If there's no concerns they won't call you until your next appointment

Junosmum Mon 27-Jul-15 21:42:21

1 week.

LibrariesGaveUsPower Mon 27-Jul-15 21:49:32

I came back high risk and it still took them over two weeks to phone me...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now