Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Nausea solutions please!

(13 Posts)
Newfamily2014 Mon 27-Jul-15 10:55:47

6 weeks pregnant with horrible nausea- yuck!
Metoclopramide works for a short while only. Any tried and tested solutions? X

CalypsoLilt Mon 27-Jul-15 11:06:38

only things that worked for me:
constantly eating carbs, every 1-2 hours, right up to bed time. Any carbs you can handle, chips, mashed potato, potato waffles, crisps, bagels, ritz biscuits, pop corn, plain rice/pasta......anything! Do not get hungry, ever.

find a drink you like, for me it was apple tango or tonic water. stay as hydrated as possible, sip slowly throughout the day.

don't underestimate the power of rest. rest rest rest rest rest. and if you can't nap, go to bed early (like 8pm!).

take any vitamins BEFORE bed on a relatively full-ish stomach. Never in the morning. I stopped taking vitamins all together cos I just couldn't handle them.

if it's still really bad, go back to your GP.

Hope this helps x

Topsy34 Mon 27-Jul-15 11:17:40

Inagree, dont ever get hungry, not even an inkling of hunger. I found carbs and protein really helped.

Find a drink that you can keep down, it was icy water or diet coke for me.

Eat just before bed and as soon as you wake, even if its just a cracker or banana or something.

Dont feel guilty about eating what you fancy, eating something is better than nothing

ARV1981 Mon 27-Jul-15 11:21:18

I find watermelon refreshing.

Also flavoured water (still - can't take fizz anymore)

Carbs, as others have mentioned too.

CalypsoLilt Mon 27-Jul-15 11:47:10

Sorry I should have said even though I stopped taking my other vitamins, I continued to take folic acid and Floravital (liquid iron and B vitamins).

mummyneedinganswers Mon 27-Jul-15 12:12:06

I agree with other don't get hungry it makes you feel like shit, as for remedies I still don't have one for nausea as still being sick at 22 weeks. I'm on 2 sickness tablets from gp and they don't take it away completely. Eat small and often and eat what you can manage. Get plenty of rest and relax as much as possible xx

LoveLetters Mon 27-Jul-15 12:54:49

Chocolate milk in the morning weirdly

Saltedcaramel2014 Mon 27-Jul-15 13:00:15

Constant grazing and very bland food - toast, noodles, crackers, pasta. I find eating food cold much easier than hot as it smells less strongly. Fizzy drinks like ginger beer and purdeys. Staying upright rather than lying down. Sleep sleep sleep

Saltedcaramel2014 Mon 27-Jul-15 13:00:45

I still feel like crap but these things do help!

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Mon 27-Jul-15 13:01:13

Eat constantly and ginger an lemon tea worked for me.

Newfamily2014 Mon 27-Jul-15 19:39:37

Awesome advice thanks :-)
I do find if I get the hint of hunger I feel awful. And funny you should say about eating first thing on waking as that's when I also feel cr*p; I ate a cracker this morning and felt much better.
My dh just cooked some lamb and it really turned my stomach so much so I couldn't eat it. Felt bad as he'd tried hard, but he hadn't cooked it all that well but I blamed the pregnancy ;-)
I felt crazy wanting to go to bed at 8.30pm! Glad it's not only me!
Thanks girls!

Achm Tue 28-Jul-15 20:55:36

Oh god I'm in the same boat, things work one day and not the next! Nothing is working today sad not good. My main favourite is ice lollies though, lemon at the mo!

Newfamily2014 Tue 28-Jul-15 21:40:45

Lemon ice lolly sounds nice achm!

How many weeks pregnant are you?
I'm exhausted and stressed at the mo as my mother has been I'll and I've been running around after her and sorting things out which I think has been making the nausea and tiredness worse. I really need to take some time to myself so the sake of the baby.

Longing for the nausea to go but I'm only 7 weeks pregnant so anticipating won't be gone anytime soon :-(

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now