Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

I can't get hold of my midwife :(

(13 Posts)
K8eee Mon 27-Jul-15 09:14:49

I accidentally missed my appointment nearly 2 weeks ago, and I can't get hold of my midwife. I've texted and tried calling but it just says the person I can trying to call isms temporarily unavailable angry envy any ideas what I can do?

ReallyTired Mon 27-Jul-15 09:19:40

How far on is your pregnancy? Do you have any worrying symptoms? You can see your GP for ante natal care if you have an emergency.

SaulGood Mon 27-Jul-15 09:21:41

Have you phoned your GP surgery?

EmzDisco Mon 27-Jul-15 09:23:55

In my notes my midwife stuck a list of other midwifes numbers to call if she is not working, do you have something similar in your notes? Or your GP should have contact details.

Jellybean100 Mon 27-Jul-15 09:36:40

In this area you see your midwife at the GP clinic, so you could try ringing your GP and they will fit you in the clinic if it's the same set up

Topsy34 Mon 27-Jul-15 10:04:53

I would ring your gp surgery, i can book via gp reception or direct with mw

Whatabout Mon 27-Jul-15 10:18:41

Should be a community midwife office at the hospital or GP? She may be on leave.

K8eee Mon 27-Jul-15 18:46:26

my appointments are held in my local children's centre. I'll give them a call tomorrow. I've text the midwife I used to have when I had dd last year but no response angry

VivaLeBeaver Mon 27-Jul-15 18:57:16

Ring the hospital and ask for the community midwife office or manager and ask what you need to do.

birdbrain21 Mon 27-Jul-15 19:05:32

I see the midwives at my local children's centre and they are impossible to get through to on the phone. I wknder if we live in the same area?! It normally takes me a couple of weeks to get through and book my appointment but it's easier for me then going to hospital for appointments so I put up with it. I'd say keep trying leave a million messages and if your concerned about anything there should be a number on your notes for maternity assessment unit or triage everywhere calls it something different but there'll be a number you can phone!

FluffyJawsOfDoom Mon 27-Jul-15 23:36:32

Your notes should have a number for the community midwifery team? Give them a call x

Whatabout Tue 28-Jul-15 00:49:43

You may see the midwife at sure start but they are usually only there once or twice a week. There should be a number or phone hospital switchboard and ask for the community midwife office. Mine are there from around 8-10 each morning before they all go off to their different patches but has an answer phone.

K8eee Tue 28-Jul-15 09:53:25

finally got hold of her! must have a day off on a Monday I think.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now