Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pram newbie

(11 Posts)
nightandthelight Sun 26-Jul-15 19:50:32

I know nothing about prams but have quite specific requirements and no idea where to start! Any advice much appreciated smile

So our front door is up a flight of stairs so pram will need to be light and easily foldable. Also easy to get on and off trains. Needs to be suitable from birth.

TIA

bonzo77 Sun 26-Jul-15 19:56:05

Budget? Do you want baby to face you? Does it need to go in your boot? If so what car? Adjustable handle?

nightandthelight Sun 26-Jul-15 19:59:58

Hi bonzo, no car yet although we plan to get one before the birth. Will probably be something like a polo. Would be good to have one that faces towards you to begin with and away when older?

In terms of budget definitely not the upper end of the market but quite flexible. Getting one that meets the requirements is the most important thing. Grandma giving us money for the baby so can spend a fair bit smile

GuybrushThreepwoodMightyPirate Sun 26-Jul-15 20:04:28

You could try the pushchair forum on here. Based on your requirements I guarantee you will be told to buy a Babyjogger City Mini with carrycot attachment for newborn.

nightandthelight Sun 26-Jul-15 20:09:17

Ooh I didn't realise there was a separate forum, thanks Guy smile

Artandco Sun 26-Jul-15 20:11:21

Babyzen yoyo 0+. Folds tiny, can carry on arm like bag. Parent faces in newborn mode. Not crazy price ( about £450 for whole package include newborn cocoon etc)

Artandco Sun 26-Jul-15 20:12:10

The babyzen yoyo 0+ folds small enough it will fit by feet on train if needed

nightandthelight Sun 26-Jul-15 21:08:59

Thanks art will check that out smile

chocolatemartini Sun 26-Jul-15 21:14:35

I was also going to say babyzen yoyo!

messyjessy7 Sun 26-Jul-15 21:15:34

The Amarillo flip look great. Folds up small, really compact and suitable from birth too I believe. front and parent facing, we looked at it as we only have a small car. smile

messyjessy7 Sun 26-Jul-15 21:16:15

Sorry that's supposed to say Armadillo flip.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now