Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Mirena coil and pregnancy?

(7 Posts)
Jennieemma2015 Sun 26-Jul-15 11:59:26

Sorry I'm new to this and didn't know where to post!

I'm a little worried as I've had the mirena coil for 4 months now, first three months I had normal periods but this month I haven't had any at all just cramps for a few days and moodiness!

I'm worried I'm pregnant just because last night I had a glass of wine and was immediately sick ( I've had two children before and couldn't even smell a drink with out being sick). I just feel tired and drained, having naps through the day which I never do. I just generally feel pregnant like I did with my other two. It was the being sick that totally knocked me and the feeling sick feeling all day today.

Any advice or past experiences would be brilliant please just to put my mind at ease.

Sorry again if I have posted this in the wrong bit!

MummyBex1985 Sun 26-Jul-15 14:35:08

I don't have any direct experience of the coil but I had a very similar experience to you when I first had my implant put in.

My periods stopped straight away and I must have taken six PG tests before I actually believed it was working and I wasn't pregnant lol. Maybe it's just hormonal changes?

There's only one way to put your mind at rest though. Just buy a couple of tests which you can use to put your mind at rest.

ChoudeBruxelles Sun 26-Jul-15 14:36:31

I got pregnant with a Mirena fitted. Get a pregnancy test to check.

Jennieemma2015 Sun 26-Jul-15 14:49:13

Thank you! I've had a bit brown spotting but it's stopped now. Just worried, I'm never sick! Did you have any bleeding when you found out you were pregnant?

ChoudeBruxelles Sun 26-Jul-15 15:25:07

Tbh I can't remember. My boobs were killing me so I did a pregnancy test to rule it out but got a positive result

dementedpixie Sun 26-Jul-15 15:32:00

I don't get periods with my mirena and it is common for them to stop with it

Topsy34 Sun 26-Jul-15 18:23:24

I had pregnancy symptoms for months after having the mirena in, i would do a test just in case.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now