Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Might be pregnant, already have 2... And I'm in uni!

(20 Posts)
Mum2Boys15 Sun 26-Jul-15 11:07:32

So I was meant to have my AF yesterday. I am very regular. I'm going to take a test tomorrow AM. I have to children already, 5 and 2. I've just finished my second year of university, I finish my third year in May. I will be due in April. I'm sure if I explain my situation, I will be able to do something about the last month. I don't want to leave it a year because I won't go back and I won't get help with childcare having 3. Having 3 children is something myself and my partner wanted... But early 2017 when I was in a job and money wasn't an issue. My partner works full time, I don't know how that will effect us with 3? Has anyone got three or more children and just one parent working (minimum wage) I worry about birthdays and xmas, I have no idea what it will be like.

I know people will think I'm jumping the gun, maybe I am but after having my two sons I didn't have many symptoms. I am very regular, the 15th of every month, maybe slightly before, about 10ish days ago I got slight spotting, didn't think much of it at the time... And I have all the regular AF symptoms, sore swollen boobs, bit dizzy (I suffer from low blood pressure) bloated and cramps in my abdomen. I also have CM, quite thick, but cream in colour. Usually these symptoms Lead to AF, but all still remain except my bloated stomach and my swollen boobs... Although they are still sore.

I'm excited and anxious all at the same time, with regards to contraception, I was on the copper coil for two years but after my smear test in January I found it hanging out, since then I have tried the mini pill but the hormones haven't agreed with me, and condoms but this month in a moment of passion and lack of contraception we had sex, he pulled out but I realise that's not fool proof! Anyone had similar symptoms or advice with 3 children and finances that would be great, thank you!

floatyflo Mon 27-Jul-15 00:02:06

Bumping for you.

floatyflo Mon 27-Jul-15 00:02:46

Also perhaps post this in Chat. More traffic.

Mum2Boys15 Mon 27-Jul-15 06:55:01

Thanks very much, I'm new to this. First post. I will look for chat.

Babycakes100 Mon 27-Jul-15 14:03:04

I think the only way you are going to know is by doing a pregnancy test.
If you're not pregnant and are serious about finishing university and starting a job, then I suggest you take contraception more seriously. I know that when I was at uni I made sure I was using a reliable method of contraception...it was only three years after all.

I'd take a test then yes either move to chat or the pregnancy board where there may be more people to help and advise you. I know there will be a lot of women on here who are really struggling to conceive and may not be able to give you the advice you are after/feel a tad frustrated!

Anyway, good luck and if you are pregnant I wish you a happy and healthy 9 months.

Mum2Boys15 Mon 27-Jul-15 14:43:29

Well aren't you just a little a ray of sunshine. I didn't need a lecture, I came on here for advice. We can't all be as perfect as you, clearly. I can't imagine how hard it is for people that are trying to conceive and are feeling at a loss, i didn't come on here to offend, I came on here for support... That's what I thought mums net was all about.

floatyflo Mon 27-Jul-15 15:06:31

Eek! That's why I suggested a different a topic smile

Conception tends to have lots of posters stuggling to conceive and probably won't be able to relate to your post. Don't take the previous posters words to harshly. It is MN and it is blunt. Flag this post to MNHQ by reporting it and they should move it into a more suitable topic. Hth xx

CarrotVan Mon 27-Jul-15 16:05:05

Your university will have a maternity leave policy for students which will give you some ideas as to how you can finish your course. Depending on the course you may find there are things that you won't be able to do due to a risk assessment so you may find it better to finish the first semester and then take a one year interruption completing the second semester from February 2017

Mum2Boys15 Mon 27-Jul-15 16:34:09

Thank you will do, and thanks for your previous help too. X

Mum2Boys15 Mon 27-Jul-15 16:36:16

Thanks Carrot Van. I will look into all these things. My first year is 12 weeks of placement and I would really like to get that out of the way first, then after that the course is very light 2/3 days a week. Thanks for all your help.

BeccaMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 27-Jul-15 16:51:39

We'll pop this over to Pregnancy for you now, Mum2Boys15.

Babycakes100 Mon 27-Jul-15 17:18:03

Mum2Boys - you were asking for advice and I gave you a balanced response. No hostility in my comment whatsoever, just some friendly, fair advice taking into consideration the feelings of the other posters on this section. As I said, good luck with the pregnancy if you are expecting, and I hope you find the answers you are looking for.

mygreeneyedboy Mon 27-Jul-15 19:04:39

How did the pregnancy test go?

I have just graduated, I had DS in my second year during January exams. I don't know how your course is planned out. But what you could do (if you feel up to it), is continue right up until your due date. If you miss any exams or essays you will be covered to resist them, and do essays in your own time. Speak to the department about it. It may mean you won't officially graduate that year.. they may push your graduation to the next lot.

It's best to chat to the department, in particular the exams coordinator or lecturer in charge of special circumstances in your department. I didn't find my Personal Tutor much help in answering questions, only for support and encouragement.

I went back to uni when DS was 2 weeks old (c section), and took him with me to lectures and seminars.

Alternatively you could delay the whole semester (from January) until next January, if that's possible.

Mum2Boys15 Mon 27-Jul-15 19:15:03

Thanks so much mygreeneyedboy. That sounds like a great idea. I took the test this am and it came back positive. We are all very excited but timing could be better. I think I am going to stay right through. No exams, just a 12 week placement this side of the year and then lectures, assignments next year. My baby is due a month before I finish so just going to try and make it work. The. My boyfriend is going to get a vasectomy! 3 is a good number!! Thanks so much for your advice x

mygreeneyedboy Mon 27-Jul-15 19:24:29

flowers congratulations!!
Sounds like your course will be pretty easy then! Also ask about someone recording lectures for you so you don't have to be there in the end days. Maybe ask if you can do all of your assignments before you give birth? (Bearing in mind, I really struggled as I was so uncomfortable and distracted by 35weeks plus)
Good luck with it!! grin

floatyflo Mon 27-Jul-15 20:19:07

Congratulations!

Mum2Boys15 Mon 27-Jul-15 20:31:48

Thank you so much guys!!! smile

Mum2Boys15 Mon 27-Jul-15 21:14:16

Thank you so much guys!!! smile

Mum2Boys15 Mon 27-Jul-15 21:16:48

Sorry, the screen came up with 'post'.Didn't think I posted it. Now it's there twice... That's how thankful I am smile

mummyneedinganswers Tue 28-Jul-15 13:02:09

Congratulations x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now