Talk

Advanced search

Maternity/support leggings for post c section wear

(9 Posts)
HayFeverSucks Sun 26-Jul-15 10:14:32

I'm trying to get organised with clothing for after my c section (few months to go). At the moment I only wear under bump leggings and skirts but realise that they lie just where my scar will be so I need to get some higher waisted clothes.
So far I have a few (non maternity) maxi skirts which currently I roll down to wear under my bump but I'll be able to wear up high after with t shirt tops.
What I'm after are maternity leggings but I'm stumped as to where to buy from. My online research so far has found:
JojoMamanBebe cotton leggings - seem to have good reviews, come up large possible so size recommendations would be good. I'm a 14 in most things now.
H and M maternity leggings - much cheaper. Ok quality? Usually h and m comes up small I find so as a 14 what would I go for?
Any other gems out there? Must be mostly cotton/viscose, not polyester.

Also I've been recommended roll top yoga pants. From where?

Thank you!

PennilynLott Sun 26-Jul-15 10:21:38

I've got primark harem pants which seem good, and a huge pair of Dorothy Perkins leggings which are not maternity but come up over my ribs. Get some m&s mega pants a few sizes bigger than normal.

QuackQuackers Sun 26-Jul-15 10:27:59

Massive (massive) pants were an essential for me afterwards last time (and I regularly still wear them a year on when my scar irritates blush ).

I think h&m maternity leggings are good (price vs ability to not go see through). As soon as I've had my scan I'll be buying a couple more pairs.
I also got a really nice pair of roll down yoga pants from h&m maternity last time. I also picked up a non maternity pair in Sainsbury's. Got a size up and they're super comfy.

For a good month afterwards I avoided jeans - even my maternity ones - as the waist band irriated. Not sure if this is normal though - I did seen to suffer a long slow recovery as I continue to have regular irritations now.

Hope you have a nice smooth recovery!

DuhNuh Sun 26-Jul-15 10:30:35

I second harem pants. Next had some last year that I wore all the time after and I think they're selling them again - they have a lovely soft wide waist band. I also wore tracksuit bottoms a size up. Yoga pants are a great idea. I wouldn't spend too much as your belly deflates enough that over bump leggings soon become far too baggy and the worst of the discomfort is in the first few days when, if your're like me, you'll still be in your pj's anyway. Actually, pj's are by far the most comfy thing you'll wear or need to wear!

Somersetlady Sun 26-Jul-15 10:31:33

Jojo bebe maman maternity leggins for me. Come up over bump great material so wear pre and post birth as stretch out and back.

Pack a drinking vessel you can drink from lying down too!

HayFeverSucks Sun 26-Jul-15 11:21:01

Thanks all.
H and M and JoJo maternity leggings owners - could you let me know what you thought of the sizes? I'm in regular non maternity size 12 leggings from top shop (under massive bump) at th moment. Most trousers and skirts are now 14 though so do you think jojo medium and h and m 14/16 sounds ok? Or h and m 18/20 as sizes are so small?

Good tip about drinking lying down, thanks!

Have big pants already but I'm going to get more and a larger size too.

AbbeyRoadCrossing Sun 26-Jul-15 12:35:49

I'm not sure if this is usual but I was quite swollen after my CS and couldn't get anything tight like leggings on. You'll also have surgical stockings on as well.
I'm taking loose fitting yoga pants this time just in case which I found on Amazon.

MissMartin10 Sun 26-Jul-15 12:41:04

hayfever.. i got a pair off ebay for £4.50 from a retailer not a individual and they are really comfy smile

HayFeverSucks Thu 30-Jul-15 23:32:43

My maternity leggings have arrived. In case anyone's interested I'm a size 14 (wearing some 12s) and I ordered jojo M leggings which are way too tight on my enormous bump so going back. Even taking in to account once baby is out belly won't be as 'full' I think they're still too tight. Otherwise they're lovely quality and nice and thick.
Also got h and m 14/16 which are labelled M, and 18/20 which are labelled L. I'm going to try them on again tomorrow but I'm tempted to keep the L ones which are totally NOT an 18/20 and I think Will work best post section. Both are fine though. Not as thick as the jojo ones but thick enough and cotton.
Also thanks for the yoga pants recommendation. I have some cotton m and s roll top yoga pants on the way via an eBay shop.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now