Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Remind me! At 33/40 can you...

(25 Posts)
KipperTheFish Sat 25-Jul-15 22:44:17

It's been a few years, and now pregnant with number 3, and want to book a few things later on but can't remember how you feel at about 33, 34 weeks. So if you are, or have recently been that stage of pregnancy would you feel happy to:

1. Have 2 days at legoland. Probably about 2-3 hour journey there. Keeping up with two primary school age children... Can I even go on any rides (or even fit in them?!)

2. Go to an out-door theatre performance (so sitting on a rug or low chair) about 2.5 hours away?

Am I being ambitious wanting to go, or a wimp for worrying about it?!

Did have SPD with both previous pregnancies so that plays on my mind a bit...

Any advice much appreciated!

gaggiagirl Sat 25-Jul-15 22:49:28

For me....1. Fuck No
2. Fuck No

I'm 29 weeks and all I want to do is lie in bed.
Sorry op you might be in better health than me by that stage?. I have spd and have attended a wedding today. I managed 5 hours. I'm now in a home made nest with hot water bottle on my back and feet the size of puddings!

SaulGood Sat 25-Jul-15 22:50:07

Depends on you tbh. Only you know how you are in pregnancy. At 33 weeks with both of mine, I just carried on as normal. I went away on holiday and on day trips much later than that. Not sure about rides. Most are not suitable in pregnancy but have never been to LEGOLAND. Check the website? I've just counted on my fingers and I went away on holiday 300 miles away when I was 34 weeks with DC2. I even went rock climbing as well as swimming/running/hill walking. None of this is relevant though if you are likely to suffer from SPD.

It really does depend on you. Sorry that's not a helpful answer.

I'd absolutely go to the theatre though.

eurochick Sat 25-Jul-15 22:52:36

It depends. I went to an outdoor gig in Hyde park (lots of standing, lots of walking) at 32 weeks and it was fine. I had just been told they needed to deliver asap so we thought we might as well go and take our minds off the worry. I felt absolutely fine and had a good time. But we didn't decide until the day whether we would actually make it or not as I wasn't sure how I would feel at that stage.

gaggiagirl Sat 25-Jul-15 22:53:11

Agree with saul in my first pregnancy I was fine and did normal things. Not so much this one. Spd is very uncomfortable as you know though.

luckiestgirlintheworld Sat 25-Jul-15 22:54:20

I would.
I wouldn't go on any rides though.
And I'd definitely take a chair to the theatre.

GoooRooo Sat 25-Jul-15 23:03:36

I am 31 weeks. I wouldn't do either of those things. I'm so tired.

FernGullysWoollyPully Sat 25-Jul-15 23:17:18

In my last pregnancy I'd have said yes, no problem whatsoever. I even went dancing with my friends at 35 weeks.

In this pregnancy...God no. I'm 30+1 and I have spd this time. I've just come in from a wedding, I only got there at 7:30 and sat on a chair for most of it, I got up twice, and I still feel crippled.

UrethraFranklin1 Sat 25-Jul-15 23:19:45

They wont let you on any rides, eventhe toddler ones.

nutelladipper Sat 25-Jul-15 23:20:35

I had two days at pepper world at 32 weeks and it was ok. I went I rides. I did struggle to walk fast and my feet were swollen but it was very hot.

I'm now 35 weeks and I could still do it but slowly.

I personally couldn't sit on a rug for long.

HTH

MagicAlwaysLeadsToTrouble Sat 25-Jul-15 23:28:23

They will let you on some rides!

I went to legoland at 35 weeks and did several (gentle) rides often with my 2 year old on my lap! You can also watch the shows etc.

I would be absolutely fine with both your things but I don't have SPD.

ARV1981 Sun 26-Jul-15 01:58:08

I don't have spd.
I would go to legoland (I think... I don't have any other dc's so maybe am being naive)
I wouldn't sit on a rug for the theatre. I would struggle to sit in one of those camping chairs (or more accurately I would struggle get out of one)
I'm currently 32+6 weeks.

Hophop987 Sun 26-Jul-15 02:43:20

My both pregnancies have been really uneventful and easy,so even now at 39 weeks I could still do both but every pregnancy is so different that it's impossible to predict.

StrawberryCheese Sun 26-Jul-15 04:16:06

I'm nearly 32 weeks with first pregnancy and I could do both of those, but I am having a relatively 'easy' pregnancy. I'd probably need to take a cushion for the outdoor theatre.

lastnightiwenttomanderley Sun 26-Jul-15 05:52:29

Another 32 weeker here smile

Would you be the only adult present at Legoland? I doubt they'd let you on many rides regardless of your own thoughts. Def recommend someone else being there just in case excitable kids get too much.

The open air thing sounds lovely though, agree with strawberry, take a couple of cushions so you'll be comfy.

sianihedgehog Sun 26-Jul-15 06:49:34

38 weeks here. I think I probably could have handled the sitting at 33 weeks, but by around 36 it would have been very uncomfortable. I have had ligament pain all the way through and would have really suffered at legoland, though. I am very slow moving and my feet give out.

contractor6 Sun 26-Jul-15 07:24:05

Hello, we just had a holiday at 30 weeks, have spd, bit largely ok after seeing osteopath, walking was slow, couldn't do much off it, certainly couldn't have run after excitable children. Sitting for long period also an issue for me had a 4 hour car journey and bump wiggled the whole time and I felt car sick. Can you do anything closer to home and take dp or a friend?

CakeInMyFace Sun 26-Jul-15 07:40:06

32+ 3 here and no way to legoland. I have a 4 yr old and was exhausted yesterday after walking about at a national trust location and that was with intermittent sitting breaks. Have been v active until recently but def slowing down. Yes to number 2 if sitting in a chair though with cushions smile but everyone is different!

iniquity Sun 26-Jul-15 07:59:52

I'm 34 weeks. I wouldn't enjoy legoland at this stage... Although I'm still quite mobile.
The theatre trip sounds OK with a chair and rug.
If I have to stand or sit for a long time I put DVT socks on as they stop the legs aching ( and help with the veins)

ribbitTheFrog Sun 26-Jul-15 08:05:29

I went to Chessington World of Adventures at 35 weeks, no problem. I was allowed on plenty of the 'slow' rides and had a good time. The queues were short when I went, that helped probably! I suspect legoland would be similar, I'm not sure I'd go at a peak time.

MelanieWiggles Sun 26-Jul-15 08:38:15

Pregnancies 1&2 - absolutely. Pregnancy 3 - no way, couldn't walk 10 metres (spd).

I would err on the side of caution if I were you and not go.

Turquoiseblue Sun 26-Jul-15 08:56:34

We were on holidays last month - as did a large adventure park - I took my kindle and read 2 books whilst dh and the dc qued and did the rides.
I was able to go on carousel and a train - think the dc kindly tolerated it so mum could son something grin.
It was a fairly long day and hot (34) and I was seeking shade a lot. Wouldn't repeat it in a hurry - I m preg with d3 and have an age gap similar to what you describe.
Baby centre has some advice on rides slides and theme park you can google.
I was 25 weeks at the time.

I d go to the theatre though - can you bring a small bean bag or some pillows - why not! Lie on your side and change positions and enjoy the movie! (I have SPd but it s well managed at the moment). I might be flared up after a few hours on a rug in the ground but i d have plans for Physio/ swim/ rest to manage it after ...

Roseybee10 Sun 26-Jul-15 08:57:08

It depends. Pregnancy one no way as I was huge and bloated and retained loads of fluid.

Pregnancy 2 I went through fr Glasgow to Edinburgh for the day for lunch and to see Wicked and did lots of walking and managed the performance ok with no a lot of leg room etc. I was much smaller and less sore second time around.

Doublebubblebubble Sun 26-Jul-15 09:43:54

1. You probably won't be allowed on the rides but I'd definitely go. They've got a coffee shop/ restaurant so if you did happen to get tired you could go and have a relax with a piece of cake smile

2. I work in a theatre - just because it'll be an outdoor performance doesn't mean that they shouldnt expect that some people will have different needs - so chairs should be provided. Sounds fun x

yummymango Sun 26-Jul-15 10:07:50

I am 34 weeks with SPD. At the moment I can't stand or walk for long so I'm afraid Legoland would be out of the question.
I would however go on the outdoor theatre trip, sounds lovely. Yes I might be a bit uncomfortable but would take some cushions and hope for the best!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now