Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Belly band/jeans extender?

(13 Posts)
Claire2628 Sat 25-Jul-15 18:25:25

Has anyone found one they like? I've bought one from jojo's as I still fit in my jeans except doing them up but you seem to end up with two buttons on the outside. Or did you just buy maternity jeans?

Thanks smilesmile

mrsfazruns Sat 25-Jul-15 19:54:52

I hated the bump band .... Just opted for maternity jeans in the end

contractor6 Sat 25-Jul-15 20:39:01

Bought maternity jeans, but had a couple of summer trousers I want to wear so bought some button elastic and mum sewed it in for me.

pickwickcrocus Sat 25-Jul-15 20:40:42

I just used a good strong hair bobble and looped it around til I fitted in my maternity jeans!

PavilionGrey Sat 25-Jul-15 21:24:43

I found it a godsend, used it for ages too...

PinPon Sat 25-Jul-15 21:28:49

Another vote for using a hair bobble smile

Claire2628 Sat 25-Jul-15 21:33:45

Can you still zip the zip up with a bobble?

Pavilion Grey which band did you use? Did it attach to your Jean buttons?

PavilionGrey Sat 25-Jul-15 21:38:25

I used a bobble until I could no longer do the zip up, then switched to Belly Band + stretchy bump support band to cover the gap (didn't get on too well with the 'modesty panel thingy!)

PavilionGrey Sat 25-Jul-15 21:40:32

Sorry, it was called Belly Belt ( on Amazon) def recommend...

Ekkwhine Sat 25-Jul-15 21:53:28

Another vote for the hair bobble here, then a second when I got really big smile

whatsoever Sat 25-Jul-15 23:07:45

Until I have my dating scan, I'm using a hair bobble. I feel a bit like buying maternity jeans just let would be tempting fate. But as soon as I've had that, stretchy elasticated mat jeans all the way!

PavilionGrey Sun 26-Jul-15 16:57:15

Maternity jeans are the best smile

Obviously everybody expands at a different rate, but I found I had an awkward phase between about weeks 13 and 20ish where mat jeans fell down, but the bobble trick wasn't really doing the job either. This as when the belly thingy really came into its own...

Also, I found that after a while, the bobble became very visible under a tight vest top etc - a proper belt extender sat flat against my tummy so didn't cause an unsightly bulge.

mrsfazruns Sun 26-Jul-15 16:59:31

I'm in under bump mat jeans from mamas and papas that have an adjustable waist ..... Most comfy things in the world

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now