Talk

Advanced search

Cannot find a comfortable bra!!

(17 Posts)
Claire2628 Sat 25-Jul-15 18:19:48

And it's really getting me down....

I used to be a 30G (big enough) and I've now gone up to a 30HH. Without an underwired bra on they look so big and just feel like udders with no support. Bravissimo have said wired is fine but I've been back 3 times now to try different ones/sizes and they just leave me with red marks (mainly underneath)

Help! Am I doomed to wear a bra with no support or put up with red marks?!?!?! hmmhmm

LashesandLipstick Sat 25-Jul-15 18:22:03

Do the red marks hurt? If not red marks are fine. I'm a 30GG/H and I'm still wearing under wires. Maternity bras are hideous baggy things. I'm lucky mine haven't really grown!

kitkatsfordinner Sat 25-Jul-15 18:27:29

Hey sorry, first post here been lurking, but I have same problem. Massive boobs (normally 34 H) and also struggle. I know it's anti bravissimo guidance but have you tried going up a back sizee? I know they always try and have you in relatively tight fitting back size, but when you're pregnant it's just not very comfortable. I went up, against their advise to a 38 back size in my last pregnancy and it meant I managed to stay in an underwired bra for much longer... I guess I probably wasn't ideally supported but at least I managed to get beyond lunchtime without wanting to take it off!! I also found, it meant I could go down a cup size, and the underwires weren't so solid, which made it more comfortable. As I say, totally against usual bra fitting advise, but it worked for me...

GoooRooo Sat 25-Jul-15 18:28:50

Use a bra extender. Briliant things.

Topsy34 Sat 25-Jul-15 18:34:59

I always wear triumph underwired, around £35 but so comfy

Claire2628 Sat 25-Jul-15 18:42:27

They've had me in a 30 back and a 32 back but still the same even on different back settings.

Starts to get a bit uncomfortable towards the end of the day.

musogirl295 Sat 25-Jul-15 20:01:48

I'm generally a 38J at Bravissimo and found my underwired bras very uncomfortable from quite early on in this pregnancy. I have a couple of maternity bras from them which aren't too bad (although not the most attractive things). On the odd occasion that I've been dressing up and needed the shape from a wired bra I've worn my pre preg bras with a bra extender which has given me the extra breathing space around my ribcage. It's also saved a bit of money on buying lots of different bras but this might not work if your cup size has already increased. I'm at 33 weeks and my cupsize is still the same.

yummymango Sat 25-Jul-15 20:19:17

I just bought normal underwired bras in a bigger size. Ive gone up one chest size and one cup size and most of that was during the first 12 weeks. Sometimes I feel uncomfortable and need to take it off in the evening but I can't be doing with the non wired ones.

Chchchchanging Sat 25-Jul-15 21:12:22

I'm similar to you- 32 gg/ h atm
I'm wearing Freya deco wired in34 g with a back expander or bravado wireless shirt bra in 32 h/i
Both excellent
Last pregnancy also like panache Sophie but not suiting me this time

Chchchchanging Sat 25-Jul-15 21:13:00

Should say until 18 weeks boobs fluctuate fakir but since then 29 weeks now, stabilised!

Claire2628 Sat 25-Jul-15 21:32:05

Thanks, I'll probably go back once more to Bravissimo and see what they say but then might have to just not wear it all day

Purpleball Sat 25-Jul-15 21:44:38

I hate my boobs since I had to give up under wires, the shake is awful but I couldn't stand the soreness any longer. I used extenders to prolong the life of them.
I tried maternity bras but they were rubbish for support. I'm now in nonwired normal bras which are better.
I totally sympathise but it's not forever so I'm living with it sad

Claire2628 Sat 25-Jul-15 22:05:41

I'm dreading when the milk comes as apparently they get even bigger ��

Itscurtainsforyou Sat 25-Jul-15 22:22:53

I've found the same. I've gone up both band and cup sizes.
In the end I went to debenhams and tried on loads of different styles and sizes until I found one that felt ok.

WorkingBling Sat 25-Jul-15 22:26:47

I bought a couple on fig leaves , including one underwire. The selection at the large end is quite small but both the bras were very comfortable and the woman I chatted to online was very helpfu.

Chchchchanging Sun 26-Jul-15 15:39:36

Fig leaves have just updated their outlet section, quite a few at 60% off

Gaudete Sun 26-Jul-15 21:46:41

I used Bravissimo in my last pregnancy but found that the options were very limited. This time I found www.nursingbra-shop.co.uk/ and ordered a variety of sizes and returned the ones which didn't fit. The non-wired ones from them seemed to give a better shape than Bravissimo.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now