Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Help me with names....being indecisive!

(19 Posts)
fixuplooksharp Sat 25-Jul-15 16:17:52

I am normally great at making decisions but this name business is hard!!
I have 3 names that both myself and DH really like, but struggling to decide between them. So thought I'd ask you lovely lot smile
Ayla - pronounced as it looks a-la
Isla
Mya
What are your thoughts, or to confuse me even more and other similar suggestions?
I have two boys called Archie and Harry so a name that goes well with them smile
Thanks!!!

chocfireguard Sat 25-Jul-15 16:21:19

You might want to get this moved to the baby names thread. But I like Ayla.

fixuplooksharp Sat 25-Jul-15 16:23:15

Thanks, I didn't realise there was one. I'll have a look smile

chocfireguard Sat 25-Jul-15 16:23:16

Though Isla goes better with Archie and Harry!

fixuplooksharp Sat 25-Jul-15 16:25:33

Isla was our first choice but since then I have heard of a couple local to us, so started thinking of others, it's so hard to decide!

chocfireguard Sat 25-Jul-15 18:09:19

How about Esme, Rosa or Violet? I think they all go with Archie and Harry and are a similar vibe to Isla?

Spydra Sat 25-Jul-15 18:12:44

Ayla is lovely but since brother is Archie she should have her own initial. Mya is nice but I'd spell it Maya.

Wishful80sMontage Sat 25-Jul-15 18:15:17

I like Isla best with the other names smile

eaiand2 Sat 25-Jul-15 18:43:43

Isla.

The others you'll forever be spelling it and teaching others how to pronounce them!

Stingingthistle Sat 25-Jul-15 18:56:32

Isla

Ayla by the way is a Turkish name pronounced the same as Isla. So if you want it said as ay-la it might cause confusion.

fixuplooksharp Sun 26-Jul-15 10:29:18

Thanks everyone smile I think we have now discounted Mya. So just between Ayla and Isla. Is there another way of spelling Ayla?

VixxFace Sun 26-Jul-15 11:35:58

mila?

plonkie Sun 26-Jul-15 11:53:42

Aayla? Pretty name. Lots of a's but pretty!

Bin85 Sun 26-Jul-15 11:56:32

I think it's easier to have 3 different initials for your DC
Think shopping lists
Scoring in games
Post when they are older

fixuplooksharp Sun 26-Jul-15 15:06:01

Yep good point on the different initials, it would get annoying!
Aayla is a lovely way of spelling it though smile

Bin85 Sun 26-Jul-15 22:56:08

Archie , Harry and Clara?
I think sound good together and share ar

fixuplooksharp Mon 27-Jul-15 10:14:49

Ooh Clara, that's a lovely name! Thanks smile I'll mention that one to DH.

BertrandRussell Mon 27-Jul-15 10:20:28

If you want to to go (and there's no reason why you should) then I don't think Ayla goes- Archie and Harry are very traditional. I also think you'll have huge prononciAtion issues with Ayla. Go for Isla. Or for something completely different. Lara perhaps? Mia? Sara?

fixuplooksharp Mon 27-Jul-15 11:31:13

Thanks Bert, I was wondering the same, Ayla is lovely but doens't sound as traditional as Archie and Harry, and I would like an older traditional sounding name to go with them. Isla definitely seems to fit better doesn't it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now