Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Sickness/vomiting?

(8 Posts)
Emmalbae Sat 25-Jul-15 13:51:48

Hiya.
I'm around 6 weeks now had an early scan saw sac and yolk sac Thursday but am feeling incredibly sick all the time. Thursday I vomited three times yesterday nothing but dry heaving and today have seen sick once and just feel hungover, tired and sick.
Watching call the midwife and trying to eat small amounts and drink dilute squash but does anyone have any remedies?
First pregnancy

MummyBex1985 Sat 25-Jul-15 15:01:38

Ginger biscuits and lots of water worked for me smile

gemsparkle84 Sat 25-Jul-15 15:26:53

Hiya... I'm about 8 weeks. Only had one episode of actual vomiting but the rest of the time feeling nauseous. Gone off tea (I normally drink 7/8 cups a day) can't stomach even the thought of 90% of my favourite foods. And keep doing that thing where you bring up air... Not a burp but nearly a burp. It's all very strange. Fresh orange juice is helping me out and I got up this morning and had a hot chocolate for breakfast (couldn't face anything else). Have little bits of what you fancy and don't deny yourself. I'm not getting much down so whatever I fancy I am allowing (although last night for the first time since I've been pregnant I really fancied a glass of Pinot! I didn't indulge in this obviously).

chopsface Sat 25-Jul-15 21:19:13

Hi Emma, congratulations on your pregnancy :-)

During the first trimester I had that sicky hungover feeling. I found snacking regularly helped, things like salty crackers, ready salted crisps... I found I had to eat every 2 hours at least to stave off the sick feeling! But yes, eat little and often of what you fancy. And have a snack before bed as it keeps your blood sugar up overnight and makes you feel less sick in the morning. I could only drink juice and smoothies as water made me feel ill! I hope it doesn't get any worse for you and you feel better soon. I'm still suffering 24 hour nausea at 20 weeks!

NoArmaniNoPunani Sat 25-Jul-15 21:21:55

I've not found a remedy yet, still have all day nausea and sickness at 18 weeks.

JassyRadlett Sat 25-Jul-15 21:23:32

Oat cakes and lemonade ice lollies - sucked not eaten have been my great standbys when I've been able to keep anything down.

I think it's a case of working out what your pregnancy wants. And it's not even the same with the same person in different pregnancies. My first pregnancy, I could more or less get through the day if I had a bacon sandwich at breakfast time.

Second time? Please take the bacon away. Hideous. I had twelve weeks where I couldn't touch tap water, bizarre. Aforementioned oat cakes and ice lollies were my saviours.

Stylingwax Sat 25-Jul-15 21:25:43

Travel sickness bands from Boots or similar. Found them amazing. Put them on about 8 weeks, am 16 weeks and haven't yet taken them off at all...not even in shower!

mygreeneyedboy Sun 26-Jul-15 10:09:00

What I have found is having something when I wake up, immediately, helps. Last pregnancy I made sure I didn't lie too late (don't have a choice this time as DS wakes me up!) - milk is fab. It lines my stomach. Juices, unlike chops , and other acidic foods I find make me worse.
Fizzy drinks are nice - but not all the time. Eating constantly also helps - as in snacking every hour.
If you aren't keeping fluids down, see a doctor. And don't worry about baby - as one doctor put it - they thrive on the stress of their mother as she pukes! Basically baby will take nutrients from you regardless of whether you are eating.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now