Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

EPU

(8 Posts)
white66 Sat 25-Jul-15 12:43:21

hi all
From the dates of my last period I started bleeding at 8 weeks, I had a scan at the EPU at what would be 8+5. They could only see a sac and yolk measuring 5-6 weeks so said I'm either 3 weeks out on dates or have had a missed miscarriage and have to wait another week to be rescanned.
Has anyone had this experience and what was the outcome? I will manage either way but not having an answer is driving me mad!

mrsfazruns Sat 25-Jul-15 13:35:54

I had on and off spotting through last pregnamcy and scan at 7 weeks showed 5 week sac! Week later it had grown slightly with very small feotal pole so was scanned again a week later where it had shrunk! Was classed as MMC and had medical management!! Sorry for the negative story but I'm sure others have been scanned and went on just to be wrong dates and have herby pregnancies!!

CuppaSarah Sat 25-Jul-15 13:53:44

I went to my 12 week scan and was only measuring 6 weeks. They seemed concerned, but just asked me to come back in 6 weeks. At the second scan I was 12 weeks.

For me it was a combination of irregular periods and a Dr thinking my uterus felt like I was much further along that caused the confusion. Hopefully it will just be mixed up dates or late ovulation for you

white66 Sat 25-Jul-15 14:56:46

Thank you both for your stories, I feel I'm heading the missed miscarriage also as they would now put me at 6-7 weeks but I had a postive test 5 weeks ago so this is why I'm doubtful. The only thing that is keeping me sane is the fact that I do have irregular cycles! Roll on Monday

mrsfazruns Mon 27-Jul-15 12:36:43

Good luck today

mummyneedinganswers Mon 27-Jul-15 12:44:50

I measured 3 weeks behind although irregular periods didn't help. My last periodwas 31st jJanuary and on 21st of march I had a positive so was meant to be 7 weeks but at scan I was only just hitting four and I'm now 22 weeks pregnant xx

white66 Mon 27-Jul-15 12:52:20

Thanks mrsfazruns, thanks for all yor stories ladies. Repeat scan today shows a sac that has caught up with my dates but no heartbeat so awaiting a rescan in one more week then I can decide my options of management

mrsfazruns Mon 27-Jul-15 13:11:13

Well that's some positive! Let's pray for that wee heartbeat soon

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now