Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Movement patterns

(5 Posts)
LorryHen Sat 25-Jul-15 08:39:48

I'm 27 weeks I've felt my baby move every day for about ten weeks now but I'm not sure if there is a real pattern.

Obviously he kicks after food and a when in lay down but he seems to have a couple of lazy days then a couple of days when he goes insane.. Is this a pattern?

lauraa4 Sat 25-Jul-15 10:22:38

I'm 31+3 weeks and my baby still doesn't have a religious pattern of movements. Like you he will kick if I lay down or eat something, but in general he just moves whenever. Some days he will be very quiet, where as others he will be moving non stop.

I did ask my midwife about this the other day and she said that is obviously just what my baby is like. If it's normal for your baby then that's obviously what he does. I think they put so much pressure on pregnant ladies saying ' you must feel x amount of kicks in this space of time' etc. and I get why they say monitor them, but every baby is different and some just don't move at the same time every day, where as others will move pretty much at exactly the same time every day.

plonkie Sun 26-Jul-15 22:43:58

My baby does the same! Im 30+5 and my little one has nuts days followed by quiet days. Freaked me out at first, but on reading further, this is a pattern! It's very scary as everywhere you read about monitoring movement. I guess we have to look out for other movement patterns, like yours moves after food, mine moves in the morning when I've just woken up, and when I'm in the bath as well :-)

cheezypeas Mon 27-Jul-15 10:44:56

I'm 27 weeks and can't really say there is a regular pattern of movements. She quite often has an active period between 10-11pm but other than that it is all pretty random!

ARV1981 Mon 27-Jul-15 11:22:37

Mine's pretty random too... whenever I think I've found a pattern it changes (which was something my mum said would happen).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now