Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Smelly belly button

(4 Posts)
CrumpetHead Fri 24-Jul-15 22:07:15

My belly button stinks, it was exactly the same last pregnancy too. Even when I've just got out of the bath and washed it with soap. Is it just me? confusedblush

DefinitelyNotElsa Sat 25-Jul-15 08:16:19

I have a very deep belly button (yuck) and suffer with this every now and then. I find the key is to keep it super clean, dry it thoroughly after washing with either the hairdryer on a low setting or a cotton bud (gently!), then apply a dab of sudocrem or other antiseptic cream.

After a couple of days it always clears up for me. I've found during pregnancy I've had it a few times - I just repeat the above routine.

stateoftheart Sat 25-Jul-15 21:49:05

I used to get this when I was younger and used medicated talc to get rid of it.

chopsface Sun 26-Jul-15 08:25:48

I get this too as my belly button is deep. I dry it with a cotton bud after a shower, and actually give it a treatment of athletes foot cream to stop the itching and flaking as it's likely to be a yeast infection. Just try and keep the area dry and aired. I usually get a flare up if sitting for long periods or wearing high waisted trousers.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now