Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Sex @ 15 weeks.... TMI post! !

(17 Posts)
AmiL123 Fri 24-Jul-15 19:09:55

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

TinyMonkey Fri 24-Jul-15 19:14:38

Buy some lube, it's just hormonal changes. You will have sex again, I promise!

WhirlpoolGalaxyM51 Fri 24-Jul-15 19:19:08

YY to lube.

Also, some people get frisky at different points of pregnancy, some don't. All of this is fine and normal. Also after having a baby, there are variations in time for how long it takes to get back into it IYSWIM.

Can you talk to your DH about it, the hormonal changes and later on maybe not getting so much sleep & that if you don't feel up for it it's not his fault or something he's done, but is just normal and, you know, you're pg / having a baby and so things might be a bit different to normal and that's fine.

Doublebubblebubble Fri 24-Jul-15 19:22:18

Lube is a godsend at this stage - honestly! All of these hormonal changes are a nightmare.
I know its kind of a weird thing - but it is kind of a lie back and think of insert country here lol England and it is an effort to make the effort but you will feel the benefit and I'm sure that I read somewhere that sex (and orgasming) can help for a better labour and birth x good luck

Doublebubblebubble Fri 24-Jul-15 19:22:49

*situation x

AmiL123 Fri 24-Jul-15 19:36:17

Blackandwhitecat3 Fri 24-Jul-15 19:39:01

I was totally off it in the first trimester. Different women definitely get different hormone effects. It's all a bit tighter down there for me at the moment, so for us it's about being careful and gentle. I'd say wait until you feel in the mood, and yes, get some lube.

tinyme135 Fri 24-Jul-15 20:27:36

Out sex life was great and since I got pregnant I sometimes have to force myself to even think about it as I'm constantly tired and don't feel at all sexy so I know your pain hun

Saltedcaramel2014 Fri 24-Jul-15 21:01:57

I also have barely had sex since conceiving... nausea, tiredness and a toddler not really helping! Last time I remember I was really up for it in the second and third trimesters, though, so hoping the same will happen this time.

AmiL123 Fri 24-Jul-15 22:11:19

bonzo77 Fri 24-Jul-15 22:20:36

I had no sex drive at all in the first and second trimesters. Now 32 weeks and cannot get enough. Still a bit dry but lube sorts that out a treat!

AmiL123 Sat 25-Jul-15 10:20:27

LillyBugg Sat 25-Jul-15 10:23:07

I didn't want sex for my whole pregnancy! Sorry prob not what you want to hear. I think it's just different for everyone. But literally one week after I had my baby it was like 'oh yeah, sex! When can we do that?!' Very odd.

scatterbrainedlass Sat 25-Jul-15 13:45:52

I've not really been interested since becoming pregnant. I still fancy my DH, but even when I'm not too tired I just don't really have any libido. We maybe do it once every week or 2, but yes, we need lube every time as I'm just far too dry to try without. It's certainly pleasurable, and I enjoy it once we get going, but tbh I wouldn't be bothered if we didn't DTD at all. Still hoping I might get really horny at some point, but as I'm 27 weeks now I'm guessing it won't happen?

LilacWine7 Sat 25-Jul-15 13:54:51

I went off sex completely in the 1st and 2nd trimesters, we managed it a few times but it felt really uncomfortable. I think constant nausea, heartburn, frequent vomiting and SPD didn't help my libido! In 3rd trimester I'm feeling more in the mood (32 weeks now) and HG symptoms are more manageable. We discovered doggy-style is the most comfortable position, means I'm not worried about squashing the baby or putting pressure on hips! I also find it really easy to reach orgasm now, heightened sensitivity etc, which is an incentive.

AmiL123 Sat 25-Jul-15 14:48:06

sianihedgehog Sat 25-Jul-15 21:21:36

Seconding everyone on the lube! I've never needed it before either, but it's been essential during pregnancy. My sex drive came back around 16 weeks, but it's much lower than before. I'm really looking forward to one day getting it back!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now