Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

When will it end

(3 Posts)
LoveLetters Fri 24-Jul-15 18:15:29

2 months of being sick.... Two months!!! I can't take another day of not being able to eat properly. I just want massive roast dinner with all the trimmings. I'm sick of the nausea. I just want to cry!!!! When will it ever end sad

LilacWine7 Fri 24-Jul-15 18:29:41

I feel for you! flowers How many weeks are you now? Are you on anti-sickness meds?

I've had HG from week5, and at 32-weeks I'm still vomiting every day and suffering nausea. I'm taking metoclopramide and promethazine which help a bit. But I'm fed-up with the constant queasiness, not being able to enjoy food and having to carry sick-bags everywhere! It's exhausting.

Having said that, many people improve dramatically around 20weeks, some find the sickness disappears completely. I noticed an improvement around 25weeks.

Hope you feel better soon!

sarkymare Fri 24-Jul-15 18:51:05

Unfortunately there is just no way of knowing. You may start to feel better over the coming weeks or alternatively the sickness may well last until you give birth. It's shit. Utterly utterly shit.

I'm 28 weeks now and have had HG since the start. I thought a few weeks ago that it was finally becoming manageable but nope, I was wrong and spent most of last week in hospital on a drip because of it.

What medication are you on? Have you tried ondandestron? I was given and then prescribed this by my hospital last week. To quote the doctor "they are the champagne of antisickness" they have been the only medication I have had that stops the sickness and the nausea. since taking them the sickness has been considerably easier to manage. I've been sick no more than 3 times since being discharged. I was lucky to be sick only 3 times in a day before then. It might be worth asking your GP if this is an option for you?

I begged my GP to prescribe me this months ago and he point blank refused. To say I'm now incredibly fucking irritated about it is an understatement. Had he prescribed them to me when I pleaded I could possibly have avoided the last few months of hell. So if you do see your GP you will have to be insistent and stand your ground. These tablets are very expensive so HCP are very reluctant to prescribe them.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now