Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Maternity swim suit

(21 Posts)
goodnessgraciousgouda Fri 24-Jul-15 14:53:38

Hi all,

Quick question - for those of you swimming, where did you get your swim suit from? I've looked online and they all look like very pretty, but totally impractical bikini's/tankini's designed for paddling, rather than swimming lengths.

I'm still just about managing to get into my old swim suit, but it's frankly uncomfortable.

I have seen one on seraphine, but it was nearly £40!!!!!!

HeadDreamer Fri 24-Jul-15 14:55:43

I just used a standard tankini. I don't mind my tummy poking out a bit.

Brummiegirl15 Fri 24-Jul-15 15:02:06

I've just bought a really nice, quite long line tankini from JoJo Maman and it was £28

They had basic swimming costumes as well

PennyJennyPie Fri 24-Jul-15 15:03:17

Decathlon.

HelenF35 Fri 24-Jul-15 15:11:41

Sports direct have a few reasonably priced.

goodnessgraciousgouda Fri 24-Jul-15 15:13:58

penny - did you use a maternity swim suit from decathlon, or just buy a standard suit in a bigger size? I'm not based in the UK, so sadly sports direct is out. Basically I'm just after a speedo style swim suit that can encompass my belly and still cover my boobs!

doomclaw Fri 24-Jul-15 15:26:48

I bought the speedo grace maternity swimsuit online and it is fine for swimming lengths. I found one for £24.50 on the Debenhams website.

littlebeps Fri 24-Jul-15 15:29:15

I got a 'practical' proper maternity swimming costume from decathlon for about £17 last year

youlemming Fri 24-Jul-15 17:58:56

Search online for a speedo legsuit mines not maternity but covers the right areas.
Decathlon also do a cheaper brand legsuit which might be worth trying out without spending too much, again not maternity but seems to be quite giving/stretchy.

TinyMonkey Fri 24-Jul-15 19:12:43

I got a great Zoggs one, really comfortable and supportive, was still swimming 40 lengths a day up until the day before my daughter arrived. (The lifeguards looked petrified!)

I tried the Speedo Grace one but sent it back as it offered zero support for my ridiculous boobs.

I bought from Simply Swim, it was this one...http://m.simplyswim.com/products/Zoggs/HaymanMaternityOnePiece-BlackandPink.aspx

waddle15 Fri 24-Jul-15 20:58:59

I was in Primark last week and found that they had reduced all their maternity tankini to £1! They had loads of them, in black or a few blue and white striped one. Perfect as I'm hoping to use the birthing pool and didn't want to spend too much money on one.

u32ng Fri 24-Jul-15 22:20:50

Primark does maternity stuff??hmm
I was in last week and asked someone and they said they didn't do maternity. So either she was clueless (likely I suppose) or our massive, 3 floor primark doesn't stock it!

Megan220715 Sat 25-Jul-15 00:20:28

I got baught one and they're very uncomfortable I found that a normal costume just in a bigger size was more comfortable and stopped the overly restricted feeling

IfYouWereARiverIdLearnToFloat Sat 25-Jul-15 06:04:44

I got a maternity one from speedo - it's very comfortable for swimming lengths & stays put throughout.

Turquoiseblue Sat 25-Jul-15 06:44:46

I got a larger siZe speedo one too but have spotted some maternity options on wiggle.com

ARV1981 Sat 25-Jul-15 15:55:23

I got this one:http://www.clothingattesco.com/swimwear+beachwear/f+f-ruched-maternity-swimsuit/invt/jo510144

Not sure if it would be good for a serious swimmer or not...it's good enough for me!

33goingon64 Sat 25-Jul-15 19:47:08

My Jojo tankini is v comfy and stylish. Red with white dots.

yummymango Sat 25-Jul-15 20:21:18

I also have the red and white spot Jojo Maman Bebe one. Although it looked much better on the model!

goodnessgraciousgouda Sun 26-Jul-15 07:17:31

Thanks all! I've seen the Decathlon one which looks good, and will see if I can find anywhere that stocks the speedo one over here.

Turquoiseblue Mon 27-Jul-15 07:55:36

Was coming on to say don't do the tankini option but forgot in my pp!
Anyway - you probably know this but it rides up/ down with turns and faster swimming (which you can still do if you monitor your heart rate )

goodnessgraciousgouda Mon 27-Jul-15 12:26:39

Turqoise - thanks for the heads up. I wouldn't wear a tankini when swimming lengths. They are designed for pool lounging or "old lady swimming", not lengths!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now