Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Crippling backache

(5 Posts)
Straightjacketneeded Thu 23-Jul-15 20:11:39

I'm 21 weeks pregnant and really struggling with my back already! Tried paracetamol and quite warm baths but nothing's working. Just wondering if anyone has any ideas for me? I was thinking heat pads or deep heat not sure if they're safe to use in pregnancy though?

Dunkyourcustardcream Thu 23-Jul-15 21:20:15

I had a bump band / support band which helped a bit.

MoreCakePlz Fri 24-Jul-15 11:41:05

What kind of pain is it? Sharp pain or aching? Whereabouts on your back is it? For some things a physio referral might be good, or for others a pregnancy massage. Get help from someone though - don't just suffer it! brew

LainyC13 Fri 24-Jul-15 12:10:08

I swear by my TENS machine! I don't know if you can use it that early but might be worth looking into x

Clairejessica123 Fri 24-Jul-15 19:23:08

I've been seeing an osteopath since about 10 weeks pregnant and he has been a godsend! Your midwife will refer you to physio is she feels you need it however I found they weren't hands on enough with treatment and didn't get results. Like above I would recommend a pregnancy massage, I've found hot water bottle comforting and also using eucalyptus oil diluted well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now