Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

6 weeks pregnant - no symptoms

(13 Posts)
sepa Thu 23-Jul-15 19:53:46

Hi all smile

First post here (just joined). I am 6 weeks pregnant (from last period) - which I still find weird how it's calculated - this is my first ever pregnancy so not sure what to really expect. I have slightly sore boobs. some smells make me feel a bit sick and I feel very bloated but this is not how I expected to feel if that makes sense? Im trying not to think about it too much as I'm worried that something will happen. Just wondered what symptoms you all had and if only slight signs are normal?
I also wonder about when your supposed to tell your manager (I know legally not until 15 weeks before the due date) but I think our contract is something like when it has been confirmed by your Dr. I find this a bit confusing as my dr confirmed 2 weeks ago and I have a MW appointment in 2 weeks but it just feels a bit too early if that makes sense. I think i feel it's too early and I don't feel pregnant like I thought I would!

Thank for reading blush

HelenF35 Thu 23-Jul-15 20:18:23

I didn't get any symptoms till 15 weeks, then I got bloody spd and ended up on crutches for the rest of my pregnancy. Enjoy the lack of symptoms! grin x

HelenF35 Thu 23-Jul-15 20:20:07

I told work at 12 weeks after the scan. I have loads of people from work on Facebook and DP wanted to do a Facebook announcement so I pretty much had to. It's entirely a personal decision though, I know lots of people who left it much later.

MissMartin10 Thu 23-Jul-15 21:32:15

some ladies are luckly enough to have no symptoms grin. . hopefully your one of them i wouldn't worry! it's more worrying when you have symptoms then they disappear then you panic hehe. . i told my manager when i was only 5weeks as she's the lovliest person ever! but its lucky i did as i was off the week after with hyperemesis gravidarum (severe morning sickness)then was signed off my doctor at 7weeks im now 14weeks tomorrow and only due return to work tomorrow so them 7weeks will go down as pregnancy related (which means they can't use it against you) if i didn't it would have been normal sickness which can lead to discipline.
when ever you feel your comfortable i would say grin ..
Congratulations xx

Me624 Fri 24-Jul-15 11:50:07

I am 8 weeks and don't have many symptoms - at 6 weeks I didn't really have any. Boobs are a bit sore and they have also grown! Very bloated as well. But no sickness (though occasionally feel a bit off my food) and no cramps or anything like that. You may start having symptoms soon, 6 weeks is still very early, but you might just be one of the lucky ones! I've got an early scan tomorrow so will find out then if everything is ok.

newbian Fri 24-Jul-15 12:33:19

Which symptoms you get and when they arrive differ from woman to woman. I was never sick (as in throwing up), just constant low-level nausea from about 7-12 weeks. My main symptom was exhaustion - I needed 9-10 hours of sleep a night and then naps during the day too. I'd never heard of that being a pregnancy symptom and I had it worse than most of my friends so just goes to show that these things can be pretty personalized.

Stepawayfromthezebras Fri 24-Jul-15 12:42:13

Congratulations sepa I'm currently 11+4 and only had very slight symptoms at the beginning, very low level nausea and tiredness, sore boobs in the very beginning but they went very quickly. Everyone's experience is very different, I wouldn't worry about a lack of symptoms smile

MayFleur Fri 24-Jul-15 21:26:40

I am 10+4 and I have only ever felt tired, slightly sore boobs in the morning, lightheaded and hungry. When you look online, so many mums say they didn't have many symptoms, and that made me feel a lot better. A woman I work with didn't even know she was pregnant until 9 weeks, so you're not the only one with quiet symptoms! smile

Randomcafe Fri 24-Jul-15 21:37:04

Hi. I was lucky enough to never have any sickness and that was with twin girls which is apparently often the worst! Just a tiredness around 10-15 weeks and huge appetite!Told my boss and closest colleague straight away as was our busy time if year and wanted to pre warn them of the risk I might not be on top form, but wider work at 12 weeks.

mrslebon Fri 24-Jul-15 22:21:00

I'm 8 weeks and have no symptoms whatsoever. Didn't have any with DS1 either. I fully expected my 12 week scan to show nothing but Weetabix, but there he was! Feel the same this time round and am very tempted to have an early scan done at Mothercare. I didn't tell my work until I was 16 weeks, but what happened was that I went for my 12 week scan, only to be told I was 16 weeks, not 12! I still dispute that...

Megan220715 Sat 25-Jul-15 00:24:41

I had no symptoms till 24 weeks so don't worry

mumchkin Sun 26-Jul-15 08:24:33

I was exactly the same as you - in fact I remember seeing my doctor at 6 weeks and saying in amazement that I was feeling great and no real symptoms... the very next day - wham - extreme morning sickness and exhaustion until 14 weeks. So it may still happen - but hopefully it won't! You might be one of the lucky ones.

sepa Sun 26-Jul-15 15:22:14

Thank you for your replies.
It's weird, as before I got pregnant I didn't expect to worry about these things. I suppose worrying until you have a scan is normal. I am also a born worrier which doesn't help. I have read that 1 in 6 have a miscarriage and I keep thinking that I know more than 6 people who haven't had one so I worry (which I KNOW is a stupid way to look at it)

Because I have gone off food my manager did notice and ask me on Friday. I told him but said that I wasn't ready to confirm it to work officially, so he just knows it off the record (I am quite close to him so I don't think it will go any further).

I have a midwife appointment in 2 weeks so just gotta get to then without freaking out too much I suppose hmm

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now