Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Two scans only revealing a gestational sac

(7 Posts)
AmyAmy29 Thu 23-Jul-15 17:31:19

Hi mums!

I was recently taken into hospital not knowin I was pregnant. I had extreme stomach crams which turned out to be constipation. However I had an internalc scan where they found a gestational sac. My bloods revealed the pregnancy hormone present and two days later the hormone had tripled in my bloods! So I had a scan a week later (yesterday) and still all to be seen was a 5mm gestational sac. They are unaware how far along I am and I have another scan in two weeks. Should I be worried???

RooibosTeaAgain Thu 23-Jul-15 17:37:20

It sounds like they picked it up very early. I had a scan with an 11mm sac and empty and the consultant said to wait 3 weeks and should see a heartbeat. 11mm puts me at 5 weeks.

AmyAmy29 Thu 23-Jul-15 17:40:07

So hopefully they've just found it very early and nothing to worry about!! Just hard not to worry

RooibosTeaAgain Thu 23-Jul-15 18:13:56

My consultant said no point scanning weekly as causes more stress. Lets hope by 8 weeks we both have a nice strong heartbeat! ( long 3 weeks for me).

AmyAmy29 Thu 23-Jul-15 19:54:02

Fingers crossed for both us!!

AmiL123 Thu 23-Jul-15 19:58:45

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

AmyAmy29 Thu 23-Jul-15 21:04:38

Hi no more bloods have been done yet they said they're going to take more bloods if still nothing shows on the next scan I'm away on Monday for two weeks so unfortunately can't get my bloods or that taken until scan! And that's amazing good luck with the pregnancy smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now