Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Could it be an ectopic pregnancy?

(5 Posts)
Sess01 Thu 23-Jul-15 12:44:35

We found out a few weeks a go I was pregnant.

But I've been getting these pains on my right side and when I say pain I mean someone has stabbed me in the side. Can't walk, want to cry pain. It goes from just above my hip to my rib cage.

However its not always there. The pains last from 20minutes to an hour. I haven't had any bleeding. Just so much pain.

Is this standard? Or should I worry?

This is baby number 3? Never had pain like this before

birdbrain21 Thu 23-Jul-15 12:49:50

I would phone youe epu if you have one to get checked out, better safe then sorry!
Sharp pains do sound worrying but could be anything hopefully just some trapped wind but please get a medical opinion

Junosmum Thu 23-Jul-15 12:51:32

Call the midwife team. I had similar pains and they sent me for an immediate scan. All was fine, turned out to be really bad wind- but I was literally doubled over with the pain.

mummyneedinganswers Thu 23-Jul-15 13:46:01

Defo phone midwife I had those pains early on and a cyst in my ovary ruptured was the worst pain of my life and like you it was breath taking pain from hip to ribs on and off and when it ruptured it was constant and I couldn't move x

jusdepamplemousse Thu 23-Jul-15 18:22:00

May be nothing but easiest thing in the world to phone EPU who will scan and assess. Hopefully it's nothing but if it is EP so much better to know early on.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now