Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Trouble sleeping

(5 Posts)
Kerrymarie90 Thu 23-Jul-15 08:08:15

Hi, does anyone have any suggestions to help me get a full nights sleep? I'm 14 weeks 5 days pregnant with my first and can't remember the last full nights sleep as my back and hips keep me awake. Thanks

ImpatiencePersonified Thu 23-Jul-15 09:11:58

Hey Kerry,
I was exactly the same... the best thing I bought was a pregnancy pillow from Amazon. By propping a pillow between your legs it takes away your hip pain believe it or not. I had tried all sorts before that! This is the one I got but be warned, its massive! I love it
www.amazon.co.uk/PILLOW-PLEASURE-MATERNITY-SUPPORT-COTTON/dp/B004T31A8U/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1437639007&sr=8-2&keywords=pregnancy+pillow

Sad to say the broken nights sleep thing continues I'm afraid, I'm 30+5 and haven't slept through the night since I was 7 weeks! The constant need to pee or move has me in a head lock but at least it aint sore anymore.

mummyneedinganswers Thu 23-Jul-15 11:14:00

Defo agree with above poster on pillow between legs I have degenerative discs that are agony and I use four pillows at night for comfort and then up to pee constantly. I'm 21 weeks, I can't remember the last full nights sleep I had either the joys of pregnancysmile

CobbOnn Thu 23-Jul-15 13:45:53

Yes! I'm only 8 weeks or so, with dc2 and am gutted to be reacquainted with 4am. Just seem to lie awake for an hour or more, then drop off as dc1 wakes.

Had this in my first pregnancy too. 3rd trimester was worst with the kicking. He still kicks in his sleep now, so hoping dc2 will be different.

Ah well, might get a full nights sleep in a couple of years.

Kerrymarie90 Thu 23-Jul-15 17:49:07

Thanks guys. Will definitely look into that pillow. The V pillow I have at the moment doesn't seem to make a difference anymore. Fingers crossed I get some sleep in soon x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now