Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

38 wks, what is this pain in my leg?

(4 Posts)
bumble182 Thu 23-Jul-15 04:17:23

Not sure if I'm worrying about nothing! Woke up yesterday with pain in my upper left leg, it's a weird pain and i can't work out whether it's at the front of my leg or the back if that makes sense... it's like a nerve pain. I've woken up with it again this morning but don't think it's any better or worse. It goes away when I move around but if I sit down for a while it's there when I get up.

It isn't really bothering me so not sure whether to ignore it or whether I should call mw in case of DVT etc. Anyone else experienced this in late pregnancy??

applecore0317 Thu 23-Jul-15 05:19:22

Is it right at the top near the groin? I kept getting what felt like a trapped nerve at the front right at the top of my leg near the groin in the last few weeks and I think she was pressing on a nerve as it went completely after she was born

However if you are worried about DVT contact your midwife.

Turquoiseblue Thu 23-Jul-15 05:19:27

Did you sleep funny? It s possible your pelvis is loose so you might have wobbled it a little,
Maybe a chat with a Physio / osteo might see you right (they may or may not be happy to so work on you at this stage of pregnancy so worth talking to them first )

cloudjumper Thu 23-Jul-15 10:55:52

Is your leg swollen at all? I would also recommend to contact your MW, to rule out a DVT - they can be easy to miss.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now