Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

found a lump on vulva freaking out

(13 Posts)
mummyneedinganswers Wed 22-Jul-15 23:04:39

So very very worried and don't know what to do. I am 21 weeks and last night I found a lump bout the size of tip of baby finger, its hard and not especially sore but when I try squeeze it its then painful. I don't have STIS as was tested at start of pregnancy, its not ingrown hair as its near my clit inside the outside lips. I have been itchy for a while but no reason as to why I thought it was because I haven't shaved in a while. I know Google is the worst enemy but when I Google it it came up vulval cancer and I'm really freaking out what do I do ?
Anyone ever had a lump here and know what I should do

Thanks

plonkie Wed 22-Jul-15 23:13:09

Yes I have, more than once. And initially I freaked out too! But it's just disappeared and seems to have been something like a little blocked gland or just a little boil type thing (how gross, I know!). Hormones are raging whilst pregnant so its most likely nothing. I would say give it 2 weeks and if still there defo see your doc x

itsallgonetitsup91 Wed 22-Jul-15 23:14:20

Hello,

Currently 29wks. I had this exact same thing in same place a couple of weeks ago and now it's pretty much gone. I made it much more angry and uncomfortable trying to squeeze it - it never squeezed. It was really sore for a few days after attacking it I was constantly aware of it, just leave it alone and it should go. I made an appointment to get my GP to look at it last week but then cancelled the appointment because it had got better. Make a docs appointment but it'll probs just go. I was also sure it wasn't ingrown/STD. Anyway it's pretty much gone, thank fuck, hope your heals quickly!

mummyneedinganswers Wed 22-Jul-15 23:18:04

Thank you both of you reassuring really freaked out Google always makes out like its the worst. Swear was really freaking out don't know why but I get so anxious over everything in this pregnancy and always assume the worst thank so much going to ring drs tomorrow x

IssyStark Wed 22-Jul-15 23:18:40

Are you sure it isn't a bartolin's cyst?

I had them when pregnant (and not pregnant as well).

mummyneedinganswers Wed 22-Jul-15 23:21:16

I'm not sure its quite high up and not far from my clitorus but its not soft at all its rock hard x

MsAdorabelleDearheartVonLipwig Wed 22-Jul-15 23:30:46

I had one years ago. Really hard and painful to squeeze. Got fed up one night after a drink too many and squeezed the hell out of it and it burst. A big hard lump of pus popped out and that was it.

Now have another one on the other side. Been there for ages. Differs in size occasionally but can't squeeze the bugger, it really hurts. Need another drink I think.

loolah83 Thu 23-Jul-15 06:27:59

I had one last week...squeeze in a warm bath...pinch really hard between finger and thumb and gently tug forwards.

Topsy34 Thu 23-Jul-15 08:29:35

Yep, quite common, i do the same as loolah, or hot compress on it and squeeze

sianihedgehog Thu 23-Jul-15 10:55:54

Yeah, I've had something like this - it was some kind of spot/blocked gland, same as the others. Squeezed it in a hot bath and pus drained, it was okay after a few days. Worth making a Dr appointment if you're worried, but my money is on it being a spot type thing.

KleineDracheKokosnuss Thu 23-Jul-15 11:08:33

It's just a spot of sorts. They can sometimes be popped, though it hurts like hell, and the pus tends to be fairly hard/thick. Once popped though, they vanish fast. Biggest problem is trying to see them well enough that you can work out where the weak point is.

plonkie Thu 23-Jul-15 12:03:24

Aren't we all sexy! Hehe

NewMrsX Thu 23-Jul-15 12:10:46

I've been to the doctor for the same reason today. I have two, one under the skin where you describe which is apparently a swollen lymph node and one on the outer labia which is a cyst that once popped will go away on its own. If you're worried make an appointment because no amount of Internet reading was reassuring me

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now