Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Omg 16 weeks and bleeding- panicking!

(19 Posts)
soph252 Wed 22-Jul-15 22:23:03

Hi everyone, sorry major panic mode- I am just coming up to 16 weeks, no pains nothing unusual except I just went to the loo and when I wiped there was a little bit of fresh blood- I wiped again to be sure where it was coming from and there was a little more - what do I do? Is it highly likely I am miscarrying? What can I do? Just wait and see hmm

Junosmum Wed 22-Jul-15 22:33:20

Sorry this happening to you. It's probably fine but you need to speak to your midwife who will likely refer you for a scan just to check baby is ok. I hope it's all well.

soph252 Wed 22-Jul-15 22:43:09

Do I wait until the morning - it is only a very small amount and no pains or anything - I'm thesis negative too and read somewhere that I would need an inj if any bleeding occurs. I'm trying not to panic too much but it's hard.

soph252 Wed 22-Jul-15 22:43:50

Rhesus sorry stupid phone

3cupsoftea Wed 22-Jul-15 22:45:48

Call the ward now and ask xx

OMGBabyNo3 Wed 22-Jul-15 23:07:17

I had a small amount of bleeding at 16 weeks when I wiped. Called and went for scan next morning. All was ok. Couldn't explain it. Am now 29 weeks x

soph252 Wed 22-Jul-15 23:12:28

I know it sounds silly but I don't know who to call I have local hospital maternity ward number or midwifes emergency number or do I just call the midwife clinic number in the morning? I'm alone and have my son in bed so wouldn't be able to go anywhere now

OMGBabyNo3 Wed 22-Jul-15 23:15:53

I think if there's no more bleeding now, go to bed, try and sleep and call the no on front of your notes in the morning. If that's the wrong place they'll tell you who to call. Good luck x

Haggisfish Wed 22-Jul-15 23:23:24

Actually, being rhesus neg, I would phone the local hospital maternity ward and ask them,

soph252 Wed 22-Jul-15 23:25:00

Ok well I've just called the 24 hour midwife number and they say because I'm not quite 16 weeks there is nothing they can do I have to call the out of hours gp or go to a and e. Would it be so bad to wait till the morning- then actually call my midwife? No more bleeding since the little bit when I wiped. I have no way to get anywhere and a child in bed. I feel a bit lost tbh - my partner is not here and I'm alone, scared but also trying not to over react.

Anna2710 Wed 22-Jul-15 23:32:38

Oh bless you. Please try not to worry. I had the exact same thing happen to me at 21 weeks, went to toilet and was fresh blood, it stopped after about 10 minutes but I called maternity and they told me to go in where they checked baby hb and me anti d injection as I am too rhesus negative, never found out why I bled and it happened again a week later but not as heavy. Nothing for past 2/3 weeks though and I'm now almost 25 weeks and can feel baby wriggling away while I type so don't think the worst. Phone midwife first thing in morning if bleeding stopped, if bleed any more especially if gets heavier call out of hours or go to a & e.

soph252 Wed 22-Jul-15 23:45:31

Thank you everyone. I will try and get some sleep and call first thing. I really hope it is nothing to worry about. You have all helped me to calm down and I really appreciate your kind replies.

LainyC13 Wed 22-Jul-15 23:47:52

I bled on and off from the week we found out until 16 weeks. I'm now 40+3! They couldn't explain my bleeding & I had no pain etc. like you said I'd go for a wee & there would be blood?

NickyEds Thu 23-Jul-15 02:26:35

hope you're getting some sleep but just to say I had a big bleed at 13 weeks, like the first day of a heavy period, had a scan (after a midnight trip to A&E I was so worried) and everything was fine-the bleeding went on for a few days. I was told it's very common in pregnancy-I had no idea and it scared me silly.

scarednoob Thu 23-Jul-15 08:19:26

I am rhesus neg too (stupid rare defective blood group!) and had a tiny bleed at 16 weeks. in respect of the rhesus negative point, you need the jab within 72 hours, so you'd be fine to go this morning. in my case, they decided my bleed was too tiny to matter, so waited until 28 weeks to give it to me.

in respect of the bleed, if you have got this far and it's tiny, hopefully it means nothing. the chances of losing the baby are really low by this time. with me, they thought my cervix might have become slightly soft/irritated.

if I were you, I would go down to the EPU today and let them check it out. I was checked for everything (funnily enough, my bp, which is normally around 110/60 in pregnancy was 150/80 at that check-up, wonder why...!) and given a scan, which was hugely reassuring.

lots of luck and keep us posted!

Frasras11 Thu 23-Jul-15 08:48:53

I had a big bleed with DS1 at 16 weeks and then went on to bleed regularly throughout the rest of my pregnancy. My son is completely healthy.

Not trying to scare you, trying to say a bleed doesn't mean the worst. They thought I might have an ectropium (sp?) on my cervix and later on possibly a small tear at the edge of my placenta. Basically they didn't know. My good friend also had a lot of bleeding with DD3 and she has a healthy daughter now.

Ring your pregnancy assessment unit and ask to be checked. They'll probably want you in anyway to check you over.

Good luck xx

soph252 Fri 24-Jul-15 11:42:02

Thank you to you all for your replies - it really helped to have your opinions and experiences. I went to the doctors yesterday and she referred me for a scan. I got to the local hospital (diagnostics) & they did lots of checks, a scan and gave me the anti d injection. All was fine- baby had a heart beat and was bouncing around. They were lovely and I really felt reassured. Although they had no idea why I had the bleed. I had no pains though and it was only a small amount so for now everything is ok. Thank you again smile

scarednoob Fri 24-Jul-15 11:43:35

yay!!!!!!!

NeuroticFox1 Sat 25-Jul-15 06:14:24

smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now