Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

20 week scan likeness to your baby ?

(11 Posts)
MummyPiggy87 Wed 22-Jul-15 19:54:58

Hey, just a curiosity thread really, I had my 20 week scan 2 weeks ago and since then I've noticed how large her nose looks! Me and DH don't have big noses and I'm just wondering if anyone else had scan with features that looked nothing alike when they were born? And also the likeliness in the 4d scan if you had one?
And FYI no it's doesn't matter what nose she has I'll love her no matter what, I'm just wondering. I'm guessing it's because she's still growing her little features and her head is probably tiny still.

mummyneedinganswers Wed 22-Jul-15 20:02:57

Have no experience of post birth but my little one looks like she has a right wee nosein my scans lol this was my 20 weeks scan yesterday although I'm 21 weeks I think because the scans are normally from sidewards view of baby's face the nose is what you notice first xx

StaircaseAtTheUniversity Wed 22-Jul-15 20:04:14

My DD looked like she had a massive nose at the 20 week scan. Made sense as my DH and my Dad have got massive noses. But as it happens her nose is not large at all. Maybe you're right and it's to do with the features being disproportionate at that stage in development.

mummyneedinganswers Wed 22-Jul-15 20:04:31

My scan looks like she's going to have my lips as they seem very plump but who knows what she could look like at birth xx

LookingForwardNotBack Wed 22-Jul-15 20:06:15

No experience of my own yet but I've seen my DH's scan photo and there's no doubting it's him because his nose is exactly the same.

With your scan it could just be the angle or as you say could still grow into it (but will be beautiful anyway!)

Hope the rest of your pregnancy is healthy and smooth smile

BagsyThisName Wed 22-Jul-15 20:08:18

At my 12 week scan I could clearly see ds1 had dh's head shape, and that it would be difficult to birth. Right on both counts.

It is almost triangle shape with the wide bit at the top.

Fugghetaboutit Wed 22-Jul-15 20:21:06

I can definitely see my son in his 20 week scan (he's now 2.5) although it made him look like he had a big top lip smile

Dukketeater Wed 22-Jul-15 20:22:11

I think all baby scans look exactly the same... Sometimes I can't even tell if I have them the right way up... Terrible I know!

FeelTheNoise Wed 22-Jul-15 20:38:37

In DS2s 20 week scan he is the absolute image of DS1! Identical profile, and a few people have commented. Almost 20 year age gap, different dads, but there's a likeness and I love it grin

Dogsmom Wed 22-Jul-15 22:34:45

Don't worry my dd had a huge nose on her scan pic but has a tiny button nose, it's all about the angle, one of dd1's scan pics made it look like she had a big long snout like a dog.

MummyPiggy87 Wed 22-Jul-15 22:47:35

Ah mummy your scan picture looks perfect!

Dogsmum, lol! grin And how funny your username is too to go with the dogs snout!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now